1. Yeh, but the great unwashed don't look at lyrics in context otherwise they'd get it - just as with Every Breath You Take.
  2. People Have The Power?

Patti might show up then.
  3. We had Original of The Species played during our wedding ceremony 13 years ago. It was great.
  4. OK

I;ve made up my mind....

I;m gonna start with Love is all we have left and then switch to either Ultraviolet or Streets

BUT..the question is which version of streets should I choose...
    I;m looking for one with a long intro and with minimal bono's word (if this is somethig possible..)

Perhaps the Live version on the special edition of the Joshua Tree would be a good idea..
    Or the one in the Rattle DVD...

any other ideas?

thanx
  5. Originally posted by panasol:OK

I;ve made up my mind....

I;m gonna start with Love is all we have left and then switch to either Ultraviolet or Streets

BUT..the question is which version of streets should I choose...
    I;m looking for one with a long intro and with minimal bono's word (if this is somethig possible..)

Perhaps the Live version on the special edition of the Joshua Tree would be a good idea..
    Or the one in the Rattle DVD...

any other ideas?

thanx
    Slane’s pretty good for no Bono talking. A couple of oh’s but no speech like stuff. Don’t think the intro’s particularly long but still seems long enough. In fact Zoo Tv Sydney would be even better, i’d go with that.
  6. Slane has some long oh's from Bono....

Zoo TV would be perfect...but even the soundboard version don;t sound as well as today's recordings....damn...
  7. If you want a long Streets intro (thinking of "intro" as Larry's 6/8 cymbals+Edge's guitar) then you want to avoid everything Zoo TV onwards as they significantly shortened it (bastards). Lovetown and Joshua Tree tours are your friends. Being a wedding I'd say you'd want a version with minimal crowd noise, so that only leaves "dry soundboards" as options. The obvious choices would be the Point Depot versions for Lovetown and 10-09 Syracuse, 11-07 Denver, 11-18 Los Angeles and 12-19 Tempe for Joshua Tree. Never been a fan of Syracuse nor LA but they are as dry as soundboards get... I'd say any of them except Denver (which has quite a lot of audience noise) would be good enough for your purpose

PS. I thought everyone had their minds set up regarding their wedding's music many months in advance. Doing it a few days prior to the ceremony is... Well, different. Bold
  8. Mofo
  9. @panasol so... as your big day is close by, have you made your final decision?
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:If you want a long Streets intro (thinking of "intro" as Larry's 6/8 cymbals+Edge's guitar) then you want to avoid everything Zoo TV onwards as they significantly shortened it (bastards). Lovetown and Joshua Tree tours are your friends. Being a wedding I'd say you'd want a version with minimal crowd noise, so that only leaves "dry soundboards" as options. The obvious choices would be the Point Depot versions for Lovetown and 10-09 Syracuse, 11-07 Denver, 11-18 Los Angeles and 12-19 Tempe for Joshua Tree. Never been a fan of Syracuse nor LA but they are as dry as soundboards get... I'd say any of them except Denver (which has quite a lot of audience noise) would be good enough for your purpose

PS. I thought everyone had their minds set up regarding their wedding's music many months in advance. Doing it a few days prior to the ceremony is... Well, different. Bold
    Thanx mate...I missed your porst (it was vacation time)

i downloaded all these live versions and the best audio quality comes from the Point Depot and the Rattle and Hum

I'm definitely going for Streets....
  11. clock is ticking..

only two days left ...any more ideas?

thanx guys....
  12. None better 💖