1. Originally posted by germcevoy:We went for The Sweetest Thing to walk in to the reception just as a cheesey crowd pleaser but the DJ must have been on the drink before me so we actually had Sometime You Can’t Make it on Your Own by mistake. Nothing like a song about a dead dad to set the tone for the day.

Congratulations again Sergio. Hawkmoon is a curveball but it’s also very suitably you. Looking sharp in that suit too I might add.
    Hahaha, you genuinely made me laugh out loud with that. I would have killed the DJ with my own hands no doubt.

In our case, and after hearing similar experiences to yours, I physically downloaded every song onto a pendrive and renamed it for each landmark ("01 - Groom walks in to reception.mp3") so that the DJ could make no mistake. And still they managed to semi-fuck up the wedding cake music!

Thanks a lot, buddy
  2. Our was Vertigo, back when it was charting, we had the oldies up and out their seats even!
  3. An unusual and beautiful choice Sergio. I didn’t have anything U2 for own wedding but when my youngest daughter got married a couple of years ago she chose the acoustic version of Love Is Bigger as our father/bride dance. I thought this was quite appropriate given they had to delay because of Covid and it’s just a beautiful piece of advice from a parent to a child.
  4. This is a great wedding entrance song:

5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:An unusual and beautiful choice Sergio. I didn’t have anything U2 for own wedding but when my youngest daughter got married a couple of years ago she chose the acoustic version of Love Is Bigger as our father/bride dance. I thought this was quite appropriate given they had to delay because of Covid and it’s just a beautiful piece of advice from a parent to a child.
    Wow, that's wonderful I would have cried like a baby to that dance, haha.
  6. I may have shed a tear or two

7. Our song 21 years ago on our weddingday 31-8.
    The entrance song was : In a lifetime.
    And our last song that night, i sing by myself -and i can’t sing- but she loved it. All I want Is you
    Happy weddingday Bono and Ali 😘
  8. Originally posted by PatrickSilviaSanne:[image]
    Our song 21 years ago on our weddingday 31-8.
    The entrance song was : In a lifetime.
    And our last song that night, i sing by myself -and i can’t sing- but she loved it. All I want Is you
    Happy weddingday Bono and Ali 😘
    In A lifetime is a surprising choice, but definitely a beautiful one

And what can I say about AIWIY. It's truly one of the most beautiful songs they've ever written.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    In A lifetime is a surprising choice, but definitely a beautiful one

And what can I say about AIWIY. It's truly one of the most beautiful songs they've ever written.

Thanks, and the songs worked , after 28 years we’re still happy 2gether and also our # 2 hearts beat as one!

The Future Needs A Big Kiss

10. YES. Genius song like With Or Without You and One. Very few chords (3 in this case) and that's it. But the great thing is that you don't notice how simple the structure is. Plus, they finally did the song justice in 2017 with the BBC orchestra
  11. can't believe no one suggested "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" . . . just sayin'