1. Originally posted by mofothethird:On a 5 hr train journey from Sydney to Tamworth, a good place to tune into the first U2start podcasts. Looking forward to see it evolve but this was pretty good for a first one! it was a very pleasant experience listening to Sergios sound bites and the chat! Good food for the mind.

I'm very curious ,

How long have you been sitting on the idea of making a podcast ,
    What did it take to start the process of recording / making it.

And (if any) where there any kinks, hardships, mistakes at all ? That you found and had to work out before airing this first episode?

Other than that, again congrats on this new milestone.
    I hope you lads had and keep having a ton of fun!
    I'm sure that as long as you don't force making an episode, the ideas will keep coming, an the podcasts are gonna be a pleasure to listen to , after all we share the same passion for the band.
    Thanks! I think the idea was conceived around or after the tour announcement. We talked about it for months exchanging ideas. Then it was a slow process with figuring out what equipment to use, to buy the actual equipment, to test the equipment, to test recordings, to figure out how to edit recordings etc.

Alongside I had a lot of help, Sergio making the great music, Joeri coming up with lots of ideas (I think I sat with Joeri for like 2-3 times to talk ideas) and then we just did it. Mostly to practice it all before heading Down Under

We have a list of improvements from the first episode, some technical, some other, that we will address for the next few episodes. I also had to edit a few bits out of the first recording that didn't went well.

The most funny thing is that my cats started to fight during the recording of the first episode, which you can hear bits and pieces of but in the end it got so bad I had to pause the whole thing and resume later

So it was a lot of fun

Thanks all for your feedback! That's very welcome and will help us to do better for the next few episodes.

Apple just approved the podcast as well meaning its out there on every platform, wherever you get your podcasts from.
  2. Loved it Remy, many thanks.
  3. Originally posted by Remy:
    The most funny thing is that my cats started to fight during the recording of the first episode, which you can hear bits and pieces of but in the end it got so bad I had to pause the whole thing and resume later
    LOL! Next episode you need to film it in video so we can see a full "behind the scenes" afterwards
  4. the anecdote about your cats fighting . Brilliant. I need to have a re listen later. didn't notice at all. But this behind the scenes stuff is what I was going for. Funny how that shit always happens.
  5. cool !