2019-12-15 - Mumbai
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Hi guys,
    my parents and I want to be right at the edge of the tree in the red zone.
    gates open at 4. would it be wise to reach the venue by 230 to ensure the position?
  2. Originally posted by ishi:Hi guys,
    my parents and I want to be right at the edge of the tree in the red zone.
    gates open at 4. would it be wise to reach the venue by 230 to ensure the position?


    Nvm.
  3. Originally posted by ishi:Hi guys,
    my parents and I want to be right at the edge of the tree in the red zone.
    gates open at 4. would it be wise to reach the venue by 230 to ensure the position?
    How long is a piece of string? Nobody knows what time the crowd will arrive, especially in India, where U2 have never played.

    All I can say is I arrived about an hour before gates opened for my one RZ show (360 in Phoenix, US). I got rail, but not in the most prime spots. If you really MUST have a rail near the top of the tree in RZ, which is a prime spot, I'd advise arriving before 2:30pm, if you can. I'm not sure about JT2017, but for e+i people were often arriving earlier than this. In the US some crazies were arriving midday or a little earlier for gates opening around 5pm, & starting lists to keep their place. Which is a bit ridiculous IMO! (although I must say I'm a crazy that spends all day in line for GA).

    What exactly do you mean by "the edge of tree"? Do you mean the top of the tree? Just be aware that for JT2017 there was a large boom camera in RZ, at the top of the tree. This will impede the view at times, especially when the band is on the main stage. So you may not want that location.



    The other options are the branch, near Edge's keyboard, or the junction where the trunk (walkway) meets the tree. For both of these locations, the band will be facing away from you, when they perform on the b-stage.

    So all locations in RZ have plusses & minuses. I'd personally probably aim for the junction between the tree & the walkway.
  4. I had RZ for 3 JT shows in the US, one being opening night of the tour in Vancouver BC. Each time we arrived around noon to get in line. There was always a person with a list writing down numbers, but who knows how it will go on this leg of the tour. We were around #20 in RZ each time, which got us a spot on the rail. Some people definitely showed up closer to when the doors opened, but they were behind us, chose to lean against the outer RZ rail, or just floated in RZ or over to GA. Even if you’re 1 or more persons back from the rail, it’s still an amazing spot. If you have a particular place you want to be, you might want to get there on the earlier side. I never hurts to arrive earlier.

    I have RZ for Seoul and those tickets are numbered, most likely the numbered order that we’ll be lined up in for entering. Do the Mumbai GA or RZ have numbering? I hope you have an amazing time. I sure wish I could be at that show! Cheers!!
  5. Originally posted by ballardmama:I had RZ for 3 JT shows in the US, one being opening night of the tour in Vancouver BC. Each time we arrived around noon to get in line. There was always a person with a list writing down numbers, but who knows how it will go on this leg of the tour. We were around #20 in RZ each time, which got us a spot on the rail.
    Hi ballardmama, wow a midday arrival only got you a number around 20. That's quite a few early arrivals for RZ. I had heard that people are arriving earlier & earlier for RZ each tour.

    Just curious if those ahead of you stayed in line (except for bathroom breaks), or were people leaving to go back to their hotel, see sights, try to catch the band entering for sound check etc?
  6. I got the sense that there were a few hearty early RZ folks at each show I went to, line runners and their friends, who showed up very early. Most of the people we met in line didn’t show up until closer to doors opening because they figured there were so few people allowed in RZ that there would be no bad spot. It seemed there were those like me who like to show up early, and others who didn’t feel the need since it was RZ. I remember some folks who showed up closer to doors opening we’re surprised there were so many people already there, thinking that there would be no need to line up for RZ.

    In my experience, RZ lines you were generally expected to stay in line and not leave for any great length. But we got to know the other people in line and then we could leave to use the bathroom, get food, walk around, etc. I think since most people didn’t show up until a few hours before show time, people generally stuck in line. There wasn’t really time to go anywhere farther away by that point in the day. RZ is a small crowd so it was friendly.

    *I think I got lucky getting low numbers because there was some extreme weather at the shows I was at (heavy rain in Vancouver and very hot weather at the Rose Bowl). I’m sure it discouraged some people from wanting to stand in line for hours.
  7. This is probably the worst place to finish a tour and possibly their career
  8. Originally posted by ballardmama:I got the sense that there were a few hearty early RZ folks at each show I went to, line runners and their friends, who showed up very early. Most of the people we met in line didn’t show up until closer to doors opening because they figured there were so few people allowed in RZ that there would be no bad spot. It seemed there were those like me who like to show up early, and others who didn’t feel the need since it was RZ. I remember some folks who showed up closer to doors opening we’re surprised there were so many people already there, thinking that there would be no need to line up for RZ.

    In my experience, RZ lines you were generally expected to stay in line and not leave for any great length. But we got to know the other people in line and then we could leave to use the bathroom, get food, walk around, etc. I think since most people didn’t show up until a few hours before show time, people generally stuck in line. There wasn’t really time to go anywhere farther away by that point in the day. RZ is a small crowd so it was friendly.

    *I think I got lucky getting low numbers because there was some extreme weather at the shows I was at (heavy rain in Vancouver and very hot weather at the Rose Bowl). I’m sure it discouraged some people from wanting to stand in line for hours.
    Thanks mate. Enjoy Seoul
  9. Somewhere they've never played before but where fans there have been asking them to come to for ages?

    I can't think of anywhere BETTER for them to finish a tour. What a weird and kind of disrespectful comment to India lol.
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Somewhere they've never played before but where fans there have been asking them to come to for ages?

    I can't think of anywhere BETTER for them to finish a tour. What a weird and kind of disrespectful comment to India lol.
    Can’t agree more with you. The Indian fans are going to play there part in making it a great gig I’m sure. I think the ticket sales will be very impressive as well.
  11. The ONLY way this will be their last show is if something happens to a band member that prevents them from doing the next show. For that matter, ANY of these shows COULD be their last one. Bono is just being dramatic, they are not intending to end their touring career in India.