2019-12-15 - Mumbai
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. They’d be missing a trick if they neglected all of the 2019 shows in favour of a 2017 release only. I can understand if they’re a long way down the line with the 2017 show in terms of editing etc then they wouldn’t want to change it especially with a cinema release lined up but they should consider trying to get a 2019 show out there too on dvd at least. I had no issues with the 2017 show I saw, loved it, but 2019 was a step up.
  2. Hopefully a decent recording appears. Sounded like a good show
  3. Just got back. That was amazing. Also, special points to Noel for the weirdest cameo of all time. I was sure he'd get to sing!
  4. Originally posted by kps88:Just got back. That was amazing. Also, special points to Noel for the weirdest cameo of all time. I was sure he'd get to sing!
    What songs did he do?
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    They’d be missing a trick if they neglected all of the 2019 shows in favour of a 2017 release only. I can understand if they’re a long way down the line with the 2017 show in terms of editing etc then they wouldn’t want to change it especially with a cinema release lined up but they should consider trying to get a 2019 show out there too on dvd at least. I had no issues with the 2017 show I saw, loved it, but 2019 was a step up.
    it's basically the same show, with only the encore changed and extended a bit.. those changes are partially based on the E&I tour (EBTTRT, intro to Elevation, Love is Bigger), we can see that on the Berlin release already. So I'm still hoping for Mexico which also had Spanish Eyes (and Sweetest Thing) which of course fit better with The Joshua Tree theme.
  6. Desire and One but he was just strumming guitar. Such a tease.
  7. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    it's basically the same show, with only the encore changed and extended a bit.. those changes are partially based on the E&I tour (EBTTRT, intro to Elevation, Love is Bigger), we can see that on the Berlin release already. So I'm still hoping for Mexico which also had Spanish Eyes (and Sweetest Thing) which of course fit better with The Joshua Tree theme.
    I’ll take the longer Setlist with better song choices.
  8. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    Ahimsa fits better
  9. Originally posted by KenL:[..]
    Yes, they supposedly had the majority ready, but apparently rerecorded most, if not all of it, from 2015-2017. They recorded a lot of in during the IE tour, then spent most of 2016 recording more, then added more in 2017 after deciding around August-September 2016 that they weren’t ready to meet their deadline.

It doens't really matter right? Since the Unforgettable Fire, songs were always conceived and ended op on (at least) 1 album further. Could give you loads of examples but it is how it's always been..?
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    They’d be missing a trick if they neglected all of the 2019 shows in favour of a 2017 release only. I can understand if they’re a long way down the line with the 2017 show in terms of editing etc then they wouldn’t want to change it especially with a cinema release lined up but they should consider trying to get a 2019 show out there too on dvd at least. I had no issues with the 2017 show I saw, loved it, but 2019 was a step up.
    I wouldn't be surprised if its a two DVD with the full Mexico show along with some individual performances from 2019 such as the E&I encore.
  11. Oh and this will be pretty special anyway with the film going into cinemas first, around June
  12. I prefer the show that is most similar to what I saw, so I have a little preference for Mexico. But like I said, I think there isn't a big difference. For me it was all about the first 4 songs and then TJT. Everything after that was just a bonus. I wouldn't even mind if they just cut off the video after Mothers even though the encore was very enjoyable in real. But for the video I don't think it's that important.