2019-12-15 - Mumbai
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1

1. Opening act confirmed for Mumbai (mentioned under FAQ). Most probably will be the same opening act for other Asian shows.
  2. But there is no opening act for the other Asian shows?
  3. I meant if there is an opening act for the other Asian shows, it would probably be the same as the one in Mumbai. This is a first confirmation that there will be an opening act outside of Australia/NZ (if I'm not mistaken). Sorry for the confusion!

Is it already confirmed that there is no opening act for the other Asian shows?
  4. Originally posted by TRISTAN:I am from Bangladesh, neighbouring country of India. I know the musical taste of average indian people very well. I can attest that those who know or like U2 in India are either very rich or educated people having good job and they are quite capable of shelling the price of U2's concert that is offered. The other 70 or 80% people who are mainly below the poverty line have never heard of U2 and they were never the intended ones in the planning of this concert. Trust me.

Maybe this should be in a new thread...Yeah, I'm all for the boys to be on tour and happy that they're visiting new places and people are seeing them for the first time. But India? Now? Kind of baffled that they'd do this with the Kashmir situation and India's poor history with human rights. Not to mention Modi and his history. Maybe Bono can put a spotlight on some things, but...bad optics IMHO
  5. All around the world things go wrong, more or less. . Should they not play in the US anymore or not in places where right wing parties grow strong... such as Germany..? Or maybe not in Brazil? Australia is also getting very „right“ at the moment.
    They do not play for the politics but for the people who want to see them. U2 can’t change the political situations but they can bring joy to the lives of the people who live there, at least for one night.
  6. Can't wait for them to play ASOH here
  7. I agree @Chrisssie. Then they should also not play the United States, or Brazil etc.

This might be the most controversial place U2 is intending to visit in a long time . All people do on my Twitter feed is posting rape statistics and stuff like that If you don't want to go, then don't, and if you do, then do. All these people coming from countries where nothing is wrong.
  8. Originally posted by Chrisssie:All around the world things go wrong, more or less. . Should they not play in the US anymore or not in places where right wing parties grow strong... such as Germany..? Or maybe not in Brazil? Australia is also getting very „right“ at the moment.
    They do not play for the politics but for the people who want to see them. U2 can’t change the political situations but they can bring joy to the lives of the people who live there, at least for one night.
    Well..joy to those who can afford the tickets, which is probably not a good chunk of the country. But hey, follow the 💰. I've loved U2 for almost 30 years, and I really think this is the worst decision they've ever made.
  9. Originally posted by Chrisssie:All around the world things go wrong, more or less. . Should they not play in the US anymore or not in places where right wing parties grow strong... such as Germany..? Or maybe not in Brazil? Australia is also getting very „right“ at the moment.
    The only place they should really play is New Zealand
  10. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    Well..joy to those who can afford the tickets, which is probably not a good chunk of the country. But hey, follow the 💰. I've loved U2 for almost 30 years, and I really think this is the worst decision they've ever made.
    Originally posted by TRISTAN:I am from Bangladesh, neighbouring country of India. I know the musical taste of average indian people very well. I can attest that those who know or like U2 in India are either very rich or educated people having good job and they are quite capable of shelling the price of U2's concert that is offered. The other 70 or 80% people who are mainly below the poverty line have never heard of U2 and they were never the intended ones in the planning of this concert. Trust me.

See what Tristan wrote. He is is living in Bangladesh.
    Thats what I've thought as well. The people below poverty line for sure have no clue who U2 is and would never intend to go to a concert.
    I have a colleague in India (born in Bangalore, living in Mumbai) and he was not suprised at all about the ticket prizes.
    Also here in Germany are lowe-wage earners who have like 400 EUR or less for their monthly living costs, which is way below what you need for the costs of living in Germany. They can't afford a U2 ticket for 80 EUR either.
  11. Yes. The prices are alright. Mumbai coldplay concert had similar prices and they drew in crowds over 80k. Justin Beiber’s Mumbai concert in the same stadium was pricer and it got sold out(56k). You guys need to understand that about 40% of Indian population is middle class and above. And 40% of over a billion people is greater than the population in most first world countries in the world. And almost 100% of U2 crowd is from this category.
  12. This Mumbai show is really left-field. Does the band even have a fanbase in India?