2019-12-15 - Mumbai
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Say what?!
  2. Dear U2,

Just release these two DVDs already. Stop being precious about timings and promo and such. We want official copies of these songs. The eras are over as of today.

Thanks,

miryclay

3. Well this could be an opportunity for some personal nostalgia. One of the very first dates my wife and I went on was to see Rattle & Hum at the cinema. There was only us and 3 other couples in the cinema that night and she hasn't been to a show with me for 30 years. I wonder if I can convince to have a date night at the movies for old time's sake.
  4. Assuming it's OK to still post about Mumbai here, I just want to thank the stadium, staff and everybody who put together the show there. Throughout the tour all I heard was how Mumbai was going to be a cluster. Far from it.

Was it perfect, no, but it was certainly better run than a few places I saw this fall and winter. I found the stadium people to be friendly, willing to talk and work out problems, and generally intent on making sure everything went good for us.

Full props to India and the long suffering Indian fans I met there. I'm so happy for you and so happy you had such a great show. Well done, everyone!
  5. I am back from Mumbai since today noon, but too tired now to write more, and also the after tour blues has already caught up with me ((

One strange thing, don't know what was going with Bono in that moment. Maybe the teleprompter got damp because of the hot air and the fan behind the teleprompter, or maybe it did not work at all..?
    Just before Ultraviolet, Bono damaged it, or to be more precise, he broke the cover glass of it with the heel of his boots...
    He kicked into it one time, and then looked at it and then kicked into it again a few more times. While he was doing this, I could see the small glass particles (or whatever material that is) fly around. I was standing in the front row almost in front of him, just one meter on the left side of his mic stand.
    From close it looked more aggressive than it looks in that video.
    A bit later when he moved towards the catwalk, the stagehands changed the device in the case.
    Really a bit weird..

That’s the only video of it so far:

6. Shards of glass sprinkle like rain.

I've heard of stories of bands destroying equipment at tours end. Very common.
  7. I don’t think that was Bono‘s intention to destroy equipment because it’s end of the tour
  8. Stop teleprompter abuse.
  9. Great version of Bad. Great snippet.