2019-12-15 - Mumbai
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. There must be a few in a population of 20 million in Mumbai alone.
  2. They’ll soon find out what their fan base is. It’s risky going into a new market, especially after 40 years!

Singapore turned out surprisingly well, adding a 2nd show quickly in order to meet demand.

Seoul is almost sold out, if not sold out. Apparently the seats sold quickly, but they had a hard time getting rid of those last few hundred floor tickets. They’ll play to 32,000+ at that show.

Somebody heard that Manila is already 80% sold out, so it should be fairly close by show day. It’ll look a lot better than GnR did in the same venue.

I predict this Mumbai show will sell out, but not instantly.
  3. After announcement of U2's Mumbai gig Joshua Tree album went upto no. 3 on the Indian I-tunes album chart. That’s phenomenal !! To be no. 3 on the combined Indian album chart is very difficult. It’s very very good !!
  4. It bodes well for the ticket sales in Mumbai gig.
  5. Originally posted by TRISTAN:After announcement of U2's Mumbai gig Joshua Tree album went upto no. 3 on the Indian I-tunes album chart. That’s phenomenal !! To be no. 3 on the combined Indian album chart is very difficult. It’s very very good !!
    Interesting!
  6. According to my colleague who is from India and who lives in Mumbai, the concert will sell out. He says U2 has a huge fanbase in India and also in Nepal.
  7. With or Without You is no. 1 right now on rock song chart.
  8. Who's going to this then?
  9. Me. I'm going to swap Seoul for Mumbai. I wanted to see the very final show of this tour.
  10. Originally posted by TRISTAN:After announcement of U2's Mumbai gig Joshua Tree album went upto no. 3 on the Indian I-tunes album chart. That’s phenomenal !! To be no. 3 on the combined Indian album chart is very difficult. It’s very very good !!

Wow this is surprising and... Well, really good
  11. I think there’s a chance they play a 2nd night, they said it was the final show but for São Paulo in 2017 they also said they were adding a 3rd and final show but then added a fourth after that. The ticket site will get some idea from the new registrations about the demand for tickets so if there’s demand there I think they would at least consider it.
  12. Yes I agree. And it’s more economic