1. There is a new You Too, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The question of this new You Too is:

Which of these album concepts that Bono talked about recently excites you the most: Songs of Ascent, or a 'straightforward rock and roll album'?
    - Songs of Ascent
    - Rock and roll album

Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this topic you can tell us why you voted for your answer.
  2. Actually I would say mix both styles into a double record like The River of Springsteen
  3. - Songs of Ascent
    - Rock and roll album
    x Rick Rubin

Sorry couldn't resist on that one
  4. well, I prefer something "totally new", something like "The Little Things that give you away", I really don't like that they come back to HTDAAB
  5. I went for SoA... but to be honest I'm always happy for any new U2.
  6. I've always wanted them to release an album with the four of them playing as a four piece, say like a raw Rock n Roll album. Only one or two slower songs featured. With tracks like Vertigo and Wire, just them banging the songs out. Nothing over produced or anything. Don't worry about being commercial or anything, just nice and simple.
  7. SOA hands down
  8. Songs of Ascent. Sounds like the best way to end a trilogy of “Songs of” albums. If they would dare to go for a Psalms-like/ inspired concept album this could be really interesting and different. Is Bono afraid to sound boring with his contemplation/ religion, and is trying to even out with calling for a straight up rock album?
  9. I actually hope they find a fire, a fire in the chemistry between four men playing music. Writing and playing whatever is on their minds, and in their hearts.

A fire that actually can been played by just four men instead of taped guitar solo’s or something.

And I don’t care of the album is been named SoA or something else.
  10. A rock and roll album, something more loud than HTDAAB.
    In addition, I think U2 need more songs like "If you wear that velvet dress"
  11. What the poll results so far show is that as a collective unit u2 fans don’t have a clue what they want next from the band lol. That’s why no matter what the band release they will never be able to please all of there fans.
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:What the poll results so far show is that as a collective unit u2 fans don’t have a clue what they want next from the band lol. That’s why no matter what the band release they will never be able to please all of there fans.
    That’s exactly why they should stop worrying about what we think. They need to do what they want to do.

I truly believe that a U2 album where they totally did what they wanted to do will be much better received amongst all fans than try to please a half of the U2 fan community.