1. Live nation / dynamic pricing , clearly tickets were effectively given away towards the end to put bums on seats . Feel for the genuine fans who will have paid much higher prices than the latecomers. Lessons learned on all sides hopefully
  2. Originally posted by Timk68:Live nation / dynamic pricing , clearly tickets were effectively given away towards the end to put bums on seats . Feel for the genuine fans who will have paid much higher prices than the latecomers. Lessons learned on all sides hopefully
    That’s a good point as well. I really can understand what they’re trying to do taking things out of the ticket touts hands by having high ticket prices but possibly they’ve just overdone it. The flip side of that is in Europe a lot of shows sold out anyway. They were only arena’s last year but I think in certain places they can get away with the high prices and in certain places they can’t. From a financial point of view though maybe selling 1.5 nights at massive prices plus a good few almost freebies is still better than selling 2 nights at prices they’ve charged in the past. The band would probably rather have the bigger attendances, the management will be more concerned with the money side.
  3. Well the band get paid the same fee in any case it's Live Nation taking the hit and that's why U2 let them take the risk
  4. Originally posted by Timk68:Live nation / dynamic pricing , clearly tickets were effectively given away towards the end to put bums on seats . Feel for the genuine fans who will have paid much higher prices than the latecomers. Lessons learned on all sides hopefully
    Learned my lesson definitely.

Paid 189 for my ticket for the second night when they originally went on sale. Was checking last week and the last price I saw was c.80 dollars. Quite a drop in price to be losing out on.
  5. As a fan, it's all about holding your nerve, not getting sucked into the initial sales etc. It's all marketing and hype - pre-sales for an event that ultimately will end as a fire-sale ?!
    Anyway it's all fun , we just need to make sure we give live nation as little as possible
  6. Indianapolis 2017 and Chicago #2 2018, I waited until about a week before the shows, and was able to buy great seats at an extremely reduced price. If you are going to be buying tickets to a show that you know will not sell out right away, it's best to wait. Check everyday, stay on top of it, and you will be able to get some discounted tickets.

Doesn't apply if it's a U2 show that's gonna sell out instantly. Pretty much all their shows in Europe sell out instantly, for example.
  7. Originally posted by podiumboy:Indianapolis 2017 and Chicago #2 2018, I waited until about a week before the shows, and was able to buy great seats at an extremely reduced price. If you are going to be buying tickets to a show that you know will not sell out right away, it's best to wait. Check everyday, stay on top of it, and you will be able to get some discounted tickets.

Doesn't apply if it's a U2 show that's gonna sell out instantly. Pretty much all their shows in Europe sell out instantly, for example.
    And yet Europe rarely gets a second leg. Despite the number of shows that sell out.

"Overwhelming demand" in the US they say...
  8. "Demand" by Live Nation, to make more money.
  9. Not sure if it's been said before (avoiding the spoilers thread) but it looks like those that have VIP tickets can access The Joshua Tree on exclusive red vinyl...
  10. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    And yet Europe rarely gets a second leg. Despite the number of shows that sell out.

"Overwhelming demand" in the US they say...
    I wouldn't say rarely. The only Europeans that can complain about getting inferior treatment to US are East Europeans. In general, Europe is just a bit different from the US; availability of venues and geographic/demographic differences.. Capacity wise, I think Europe even got better threatment overall.
  11. HEY DOES ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT THE VIP TOUR GIFT IS ?