1. Can anyone recommend a point and shoot camera that takes good concert pics? I’m looking for a new camera that won’t break the bank, nothing professional level just one that can take good pics at indoor concerts. I’ve been doing some research, but I’m curious if anyone has a suggestion. Thanks!
  2. Originally posted by ballardmama:Can anyone recommend a point and shoot camera that takes good concert pics? I’m looking for a new camera that won’t break the bank, nothing professional level just one that can take good pics at indoor concerts. I’ve been doing some research, but I’m curious if anyone has a suggestion. Thanks!
    First and foremost what is your budget? Also are you looking for something with a lot of zoom (superzoom) or just a standard point and shoot camera?
  3. Originally posted by ballardmama:Can anyone recommend a point and shoot camera that takes good concert pics? I’m looking for a new camera that won’t break the bank, nothing professional level just one that can take good pics at indoor concerts. I’ve been doing some research, but I’m curious if anyone has a suggestion. Thanks!
    I've been using a Canon G7X for quite a while now and I'm pretty happy with it for both photo and video (although the audio could be a bit better). It won't get you DSLR quality but it will improve over your standard, blurry and overexposed smartphone pics.

It was suggested to me in the Photography Topic, which would be very useful for you to check out
  4. Agree with the G7x - these are taken with the mkII https://flic.kr/s/aHsmxaK7mK - I believe there is an mkIII out which will possibly even be more amazing. Shoot in Raw, though. The tweaks in this set have been done with Apple Photo - I have since moved to Lightroom and am thinking of tweaking the best of section once more.

good thing is you, have the camera take a super fast series, do that when something happens or capture the scene quickly. And then go back and enjoy the show which is the main thing. Settings should be in the Exif. Hope that helps.
  5. I recommend teh Sony RX100 range. I bought 2nd hand MK 1 versionand its great. Lens equiviland to 28-100mm...
    Mk2 - 4 are 28-70mm

Teh later models have a longer range.
    The camera shoots RAW files too
  6. Thanks for all of the feedback. This is a great help!