1. Great song, I love what they do with it sonically on the record. Bono’s vocals are superb. I’m gonna listen to it right now!!

Unfortunately they were not able to transfer that magic to a live setting.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I just find it sticks out like a sore thumb, despite how dope that riff is. It's the only track on the album that doesn't feel "mystical" to me. It feels like a track that could've been a War or October b-side.

Love Comes Tumbling, White City (instrumental Disappearing Act) or Yoshino Blossom would've fit way better there.
    Indian Summer Sky is in the same category as an October or War B-Side?!???!?!?!??!?! That's quite the indictment by U2's standards.....
  3. No!

Wire - not Indian Summer Sky. Did you not read what I was responding to?!
  4. *sound of @mattfromcanada retreating......
    I'd love to say that I got lost along the way (hey there's a somewhat lyrical tie-in!), but this is only the 2nd page of the thread! I do see what you mean by some of the War / October tie-in....but still don't feel it deserves the b-side comparison
  5. Is Indian Summer Sky on the new EP?
  6. Indian Summer Sky has been a long-time favourite of mine. When I was just getting into the band back in high school, this and A Sort of Homecoming were probably all that was keeping TUF from being my least favorite U2 album, honestly. While I appreciate the whole record a lot lot more since way back then, this one is still such a gem. Truly mystical, almost sorcery-like lyrics... it definitely changed a lot live (by its final performance it was a much more direct, frantic War-styled song) but that doesn’t hurt either. I really enjoy getting to have different stylistic takes on songs!
  7. It's in Edge's whammy bar.
  8. What a song ♥
  9. Really? it never struck me as particularly hard to sing. You mean because of the long, sustained notes or the "hey hey HEY" part?
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Really? it never struck me as particularly hard to sing. You mean because of the long, sustained notes or the "hey hey HEY" part?
    It's those 'cold, these eyes are cold' vocal parts that are just continuously high. A high scream here and there (Wire, Bad) is easier for somebody that pushes above his range like I did (and obviously Bono does).