1. Roxette were a big part of my school years in the early nineties, pretty much the first band I was ever a big fan of.

I only saw them twice - much later - in 2011 and 2015 and I am glad I did. Eventhough Marie's illness was obviously taking its toll, both shows were great, even the later one, where Marie had to sit on a stool. It was obvious that she was enjoying her second life and soaking in the love and energy from the fans. And she was giving away all she had in return.

Roxette were a great pop-rock band, really one of the absoultely best at what they did.

Thank you, Marie, for all the joy you brought to our lives. Rest In Peace.
  2. They were a big part of my music life between my 16th and 22th i had a lot of cd's from them and listened a lot. Too bad this horrible desease took her at such a young age. Listening to tourism as i type this
  3. May she rest in peace. I only knew the hits but all of them were very enjoyable, I'm sure there's a lot more waiting to be discovered. Sometime. Also, it makes me really sad to see this wave of sorrow and grief for the passing away of an artist, hadn't seen one like this since Bowie!
  4. R. I. P. Marie
  5. There are only a few artists/bands who accompany you through your entire life.

Roxette are one of them. My very first live concert ever was during their Joyride tour, Dortmund 1991. You never forget your first time.

Since then, for every important moment in my life, first love, first separation, first loss, holiday experiences, school, job, happiness, sadness, heartache, health issues - their music has been a steady companion. Until today. Memories, feelings. Forever alive inside me when I listen to their songs.
    The soundtrack of my life. No less. With me for 30 years.

I sat down last night, alone in my room, silence, and began singing any Roxette songs that came to my mind. Randomly. I could sing them all, an emotional rush through all kinds of emotions and memories. The lyrics were right there, like so many here know with U2 songs.

The pain of loss now is tremendous.
    It was known to happen one day, but when the day is here and she is gone, the heart aches and the tears flow.
    Rest in peace, Marie. Thank you and Per for everything. You left a legacy that makes you live on forever. 🖤
  6. R.I.P. Marie
  7. This video to keep all our individual precious memories of the live shows in mind.
  8. From the band's official website:

~~~~~

Dear fellow friends, dear fans of Marie Fredriksson, dear Roxette fans, dear kind people in this world,

our friend Marie has passed away on December 9, and many, many people in the world are heartbroken and would like to express their feelings. Not everyone can do so on the social media, not everyone can do so by coming to Sweden and signing the official remembrance book laid out in Stockholm.

We want to collect your thoughts, your grieve, but also your finest memories with Marie here. Please write down what you always wanted to say to her, we will collect each single entry of yours, put them into one single book and send it over to Marie’s family to show them how much she made this world better through you.

Thank you.

(All entries made before December 28 will be taken over for the book. After this date, you will still be able to add your messages but we cannot consider them for the book we will give to Marie’s family anymore.)

~~~~~

Go here:

http://www.dailyroxette.com/remembrance-book-for-marie-fredriksson/?fbclid=IwAR2ZTVVjpGfoOoQ1PoqVF55p7WHFyePH7PlPmjtwWae_zecS1quKHOzRV3k
  9. I just discovered this. Reading the endless numbers of entries, it just touches me beyond expectation how many people were accompanied by the band, their music, Marie's personality, through their lifes. So many.
    This book is a wonderful idea.
  10. I'm a fan of First Aid Kit and they did a moving tribute a couple of days ago with Maja Francis for Musikhjälpen 2019