1. Really, I can't see U2 doing this again possibly because they see TJT as the public's magnum opus and even though an album of greatness like AB (or POP) is a worthy contender, in U2's eyes it was TJT that made them and that has the greatest affiliation with the public.

But do we want to see another album tour no matter how awesome it would be to hear AB (or POP) in its entirety because, let's face it, the recent JT tours were alright but not classics (okay still one gig to go) and did feel a bit cheesy at times.

Would another album tour be U2 by numbers?

Are U2 chopping down their own legacy?

Or - it's U2 playing live and doing my favourite album so what's not to like, mister?
  2. My opinion is, after India this weekend. It's done for a long while. Touring in 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019. That's a lot for our Irish friends. So let them rest. Have some new inspirations in 2020 or whatever. The Berlin dvd is coming out normally. So a fresh start in '21 which could be their last and indoors tour in '22? I don't want it to be their last ofcourse. But not an AB tour I think. We'll see.
  3. I think they should rest for a few years, soak up some inspiration. Bono should maybe also cut his hair and get some better shades. Then bring out a new album and play that back to back.
  4. "Want to see" and "Will we see" are two very different questions.

In my fantasy world, playing Boy in order and in full for its 40th anniversary would be higher on the list than AB, only because the AB songs have had more of an airing lately. I am resigned to the knowledge, however, that they won't do a full album tour again to avoid becoming cliched.
  5. They should tour Passengers.
  6. Their whole "We're touring the JT like its a new album" excuse was bullshit. When have they ever played a new album in full and in order? They won't do another album tour because none of their other albums are household names like the JT is.
  7. Achtung baby is definitely a big enough and popular enough album to tour imo. I’ve always been in favour of an AB30 tour, I don’t know how likely it is but if there’s no new album ready for mid 2021 they might want to get back out there again and AB30 could be the answer. I think that’s the 2 factors which will dictate it, the bands desire to get back out playing shows and when the next album will be ready. It could be that they’re happy to still be in the studio at that point working on the new material. Bearing in mind the last livenation contract ran out or is about to run out I would think the first steps of the new contract (assuming there will be one) will be very much the bands decision.
  8. In fairness, Bono did say that he only learned to sing the songs 30 years after. There is also a solid argument to be made that a new generation of people need to hear the album. But I agree, it was looking back by U2's high standards.
  9. Originally posted by miryclay:In fairness, Bono did say that he only learned to sing the songs 30 years after. There is also a solid argument to be made that a new generation of people need to hear the album. But I agree, it was looking back by U2's high standards.
    That's bullshit, just like "I'm now properly singing the right lyrics to Bad, 30 years later!". The songs are perfect like they were recorded back in the 80s. That's just a way to justify him not being able (or just not wanting to) sing them as they were recorded.
  10. only new album tour - and if it's strong and they have balls, play it full. not another nostalgia tour (maybe except for Pop )
  11. I would LOVE an AB tour in 2 years. No clue if it'll happen, but it's clearly possible.

To answer the original question, I say "what about 2027?" It's not impossibly far in the future anymore. We're closer to that than the start of the 360 tour. Would they dare to tour Joshua Tree 40? If they wanted to be clever, they could even play the song 40.