1. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    -slightly off topic- but...

Past performance does not guarantee future success.

I wish they would get someone completely new and different to anyone they've worked with before.
    I don’t have a problem with Tedder but I agree with you here that someone new could be a good way to go. My reasoning is that danger mouse got on board for one album was involved in almost every song and for me SOI is one of the best albums they’ve done. SOE was still good and I think they managed to get the best out of what they know for a good few songs on the album but SOI has a lot more unique moments and I like that about the album it certainly gives me a vibe I’ve not felt from any u2 album either which again I see as a big plus.
  2. I agree with your comments about SOI!
    I wish Danger Mouse would have been the only producer and the band would have agreed with his vision and direction.
  3. if they were going to make right decisions for once in their life, they would get Andy Barlow to produce it

4. I would travel anywhere in the world for a tour with U2 and Brian Eno on the same stage
  5. Passengers reunion tour of theater lobbies
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:The problem is all bands that are over 10 years old are touring their Classic album's it's a sign of the times their new stuff doesn't get played on the radio Record companies aren't investing in older bands and promoting their music they just want to release a Greatest hits. U2 are lucky they are so big that they can still shift records maybe not the way they used to but enough for the Record company to get behind a new album and promote it ,however do U2 need to go down the nostalgia route and commemorate every great album with a tour ?I don't think they do they toured off the last 2 albums successfully enough but as much as I don't like them doing nostalgia a Zoo TV tour in 2021 would be amazing especially with today's technology it would be a massive success .

An Achtung Baby 2021 tour with all of the extra technology at their disposal to play with and satirize sounds awesome.

But, despite acknowledging that and also despite AB being my favorite album, I still would rather have them release one more new album and tour behind that before potentially calling it quits. Partially because I love that they are still releasing new material, partially because the whole Zoo TV spectacle in 1992/93 owed a lot of its status to U2 totally reinventing themselves and playing behind "masks" and irony, right? I just don't think they could pull that off anymore. Not because they don't have the talent or creative vision, but because everyone who knows the band already knows that that is a part of their development as a band that they already went through. If that makes sense?
  7. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]

An Achtung Baby 2021 tour with all of the extra technology at their disposal to play with and satirize sounds awesome.

But, despite acknowledging that and also despite AB being my favorite album, I still would rather have them release one more new album and tour behind that before potentially calling it quits. Partially because I love that they are still releasing new material, partially because the whole Zoo TV spectacle in 1992/93 owed a lot of its status to U2 totally reinventing themselves and playing behind "masks" and irony, right? I just don't think they could pull that off anymore. Not because they don't have the talent or creative vision, but because everyone who knows the band already knows that that is a part of their development as a band that they already went through. If that makes sense?
    It makes perfect sense. U2 can’t relive ZooTV, and I don’t think dedicating a whole tour to AB could be done “straight” — they’d have to go in and get into those songs “in costume” so to speak, like with Acrobat last year, and I just don’t think that would work anymore. Not a slight against the band now vs then at all, but they simply aren’t those wild young men anymore. Playing TJT is one thing — that’s U2’s defining album, they inhabit those songs in any form. They don’t need the artifice and the stage-iness of AB.
  8. Zoo TV is dead,enjoy the bootlegs.
    Bono in full leather fly and macphisto costumes at 60??
    TJT30 was a nice experience and a very un-U2 thing to do,now lets move on.
  9. Here's the way I see it going down;

2022, Achtung Baby/Zoo2 Tour. 20 stadium shows in Europe, 20 in North America, possibly sliding down to South America as well. Setlist flows similar to Zoo TV. Show opens with Zoo Station, and follows track 1-12 of AB. Then we have a brief B-Stage set that includes AOH, Stay, possibly even SOL with Lou Reed. Then we go back to the main stage for the classic hits parade. Encore is very much like the JT17-19 Encore, focusing on post 2000 songs, including a new song or two.

New album released in late 2022. We've already heard at least one song from it.

2023-24- Arena Tour for new album. 2023 focuses on North America and Europe. 2024 they finally tour arenas in Australia and Asia.
  10. I almost always prefer a new album/tour then a nostalgic throwback tour. The Joshua Tree Tour '17 was one of my least favorite tours in the last 20 years.
  11. I also prefer a new material tour. On the other hand, i love to hear the underplayed tunes instead of the overplayed tunes.

Edge and Adam already mentioned an AB tour last week, so it's possible that it's gonna happen