1. Hypothetical question. Assuming the band have signed with livenation again, if say they decided they wanted to play some small venue in Ireland next week would they need livenations permission? Or would livenation just be due a cut of any money they were to make?
  2. I believe that a proposed Achtung/Zoo 30 Tour in 2021 should be sort of an inverted version of the JT Tour. The JT Tour 2017 was heavy on North America and lite on Europe. AB is more of a European album, and the tour dates should reflect that. An AB tour wouldn't be as big of a deal in the USA as JT was. Also, U2 have really been underplaying a lot of Europe ever since 360. I'd say in 2021 do a big ass AB tour of Europe, then come for about 15 stadium dates in North America, and then swing on down to South America. Then bring on the new album in 2022 and another arena tour.

I'd prefer no AB Tour. I'd rather they just release a new album sometime in 2021, and then tour the new album for a couple years after that. Just depends on what their new contract wants them to do. Nostalgia sells.
  3. Lets look foward and not back
  4. Agreed
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:Just to be greedy I’ll take a boy anniversary tour this year and AB next year. Only played 6 of the 11 boy tracks in my lifetime and I’ve only seen 2 of them (I will follow and Electric co) so it would be a really cool show in that respect. Getting to finally witness an cat Dubh/into the heart, a day without me, twilight and out of control would be amazing.

I'm honestly not doing this to boast or rub your nose in it; but your comment got me thinking about my own history of witnessing Boy tracks as I first saw them in 1984. Wow, I was very fortunate to have that experience! Looking at my track list on this site I got to hear Twilight, Out of Control, An Cat Dubh/Into the heart, Cry/Electric Co and A Day Without Me. Plus, of course, I Will Follow multiple times since then. Have long thought Twilight and A Day Without Me could easily fit into a modern set list.
  6. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

I'm honestly not doing this to boast or rub your nose in it; but your comment got me thinking about my own history of witnessing Boy tracks as I first saw them in 1984. Wow, I was very fortunate to have that experience! Looking at my track list on this site I got to hear Twilight, Out of Control, An Cat Dubh/Into the heart, Cry/Electric Co and A Day Without Me. Plus, of course, I Will Follow multiple times since then. Have long thought Twilight and A Day Without Me could easily fit into a modern set list.
    You would probably never have thought back then you were seeing twilight and a day without me for the last time in coming up for 40 years, they might never get played again although I hope that won’t be the case. Still a bit gutted an cat Dubh/into the heart only got a short run out on the vertigo tour. Great it’s on the dvd right enough.
  7. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:[..]
    Sunday Bloody Sunday will never come back - me at 16 (1996)
    Man I'll never hear Out of Control - me at 17 (1997)
    They'll definitely never tour without supporting an album - me at 28 (2008)
    They'll definitely never play Red Hill - me at 31 (2011)
    Acrobat will forever be the untouched gem - me at 37 (2017)
    They'll definitely never play a concert without Streets - me before E+I
    You're sweet thinking your sign will get Bono's attention - my wife on June 24, 2005
    ………...
    Hahaha, the list of "nevers" is long and they've

I'll add:

They'll definitely never release an album for free and without intensive pre-release promo (me before 2014)
    I'll never hear Wild Horses and Stay back to back (me before Nov 2018)
    They'll never repeat a nostalgia tour (me before 2019)

And a new one, still to be denied:

They'll never finish a damn tour in Dublin even if they schedule so
  8. Never ever have I....
  9. I hope they do an actual world tour the next time around.

The last 5 years was all screwed up with the timeline.
  10. So was the TJT always gonna happen or did it only happen because SOE wasn't ready?
  11. There was a tour booked in 2016 but then that was cancelled because SOE wasn't finished. Then they were obligated to do a tour...

At least that's my understanding.
  12. So I'm wondering if they did do the Experience tour in 2016 would they still have done the JT tour in 2017