1. Don't believe so. JT was a compensation to fulfil another tour in their contract. Remember that 2016 was all planned and was a last minute cancellation which costed a lot of money.
  2. And if SOE had appeared and been toured in 2016 we could possibly have been on the verge of a new album this year.

3. I rather think 2016 was planned as a release year (hence the strange two-off appearances on iHeartRadio and SalesForce, that were not cancelled, anyone remembers the Kygo leak of YTBTAM remix at some dance fest?!) and 2017 was intended for SoE tour
    But that’s Only my logic u2s logic is from a distant planet! ;p
  4. For me it looks like retirement but there is a lot of social unrest so new album could be likely too
  5. If there was a time to stop, now would probably be a good time. Everything seems pretty wrapped up in a neat little package at the moment.

However, they won't. They've said they plan to tour and make more albums, but they haven't said much. I'm sure COVID slowed down / stopped any progress that was being made. But the 4 members of U2 are still in good / adequate health, and there's plenty of money to be made by touring. Wasn't there a rumor that U2 signed another contract with LiveNation? Also, Guy O'Seary resigned from whatever he was doing, and is now going to solely focus on managing U2 and Madonna.

2020 was always going to be a year of minimal activity from U2, but COVID made that even more so. At this point I'm thinking we won't see a new album before 2022.

If there is an Achtung Baby 30th tour, that will effect the album timeline. LiveNation is losing a shitload of money this year. And 2021's concert schedule is going to be full of rescheduled shows from 2020, meaning not much NEW money is going to be generated for 2021. It's possible that they might kindly ask U2 to tour in 2021, as an Achtung Baby/Zoo.com type of tour could prove to be quite lucrative.
  6. I hate to say this but I would prefer they not tour for a few years now. Take out some time to reassess where they are and their career, spend time producing music that will produce a new album in time. They are in their twilight years and inevitably will need to slow down in pace. I'd rather that than them rush into another tour with Bono sounding tired etc.
  7. I hope nothing happens until 2022. Or even later than that. Thanks.
  8. It would be great if this quarantine downtime was used to put together some song ideas, it’s a shame Bono and Edge working while the world is waiting
  9. don't know when, but there's a great great chance there's going to be a new album. Things can change of course & what the world is going through right now, no one expected, but let's not forget these 'clues' just before the world changed. U2 calls Ryan Tedder, tell him to meet with them to work on a new album, Dallas confirms U2's working on a new album that the fans are gonna like, Bono talks with Hozier in his podcast and shares his two album ideas, one of which is SOA. I believe 2020 will inspire Bono to write a few lyrics and Edge almost never stops working, so if they're all healthy and the world has survived... then I can't wait to get new U2 activity!
  10. And as COVID-19 becomes managable in 2021 live Nation needs to make up for the 2020 losses U2 hits the Road again this time not to promote 30th or 32nd JT Anniversary but the 34th!!! The cash grabbing machine doesn’t have to produce new stage design, they use same old visuals add 2 other songs in finale and say they promote the new dvd with Anton concert film! Most of the world goes nuts as they finally can attend a stadium show again ... and by the end of the tour they start to play half of the Achtung Baby to say they had 30th Achtung Baby anniversary on their minds ;p
  11. HAHAHA talking about 2021 and we haven't even seen stuff from 2017! I'd pack it in
  12. Obviously the JT concert release. I would love the Apollo show to be put out. Other than that I hope they put out more archive live material whether it is audio only or with a video element.

I don't need new material anytime soon.