1. Originally posted by StephOnTour87:Frankly I'm not hoping an "Achtung Baby Anniversary Tour". I really enjoyed they celebrated "The Joshua Tree" this way, playing the entire album in sequence, but doing this again with AB 4 years later would be too much, and would give a bad signal about what U2 is capable of, as they'll reach 60. Let's hoping for a new album, and a tour mixing old and new stuff, just like they did in the past. I'm also crossing fingers to see the band surprising us by changing their setlist from one night to another, and play songs they haven't played for a long time or never played at all : "God Part II", "11 O'Clock Tick Tock", "Please", and so on... and give a break to "Vertigo", "BD" or "Elevation".
    I feel that they missed a big opportunity to have some great songs in the "early song" part of IE/EI. Sure I Will Follow, Out Of Control got them going, and even Gloria might ring a bell with some people. I love that The Electric Co. got in there too. I do really feel that this could have been the chance to do all the other club songs (like 11 O'Clock / Stories For Boys / Two Hearts etc). I seriously don't believe that any fan would be upset if they missed a beat or two on any of those songs; I think they'd be going "holy crap, I just heard 11 O'Clock!"
  2. Well, I hope the next album is better than the last 2.

I wouldn't mind them touring not earlier than 2022. I wanna spend money on other great musicians. There's much much much more music and great artists out there.

I don't really want an AB tour, I honestly have no idea what I would "want" - because they never do what I hope for, not even the smallest things. They even are unable to keep the songs I want to hear in the setlist after USA legs, so - whatever.

Who knows what they will do. We can play crystal ball now but what does it bring? Nothing, they will surely do not one of the 987345743578 things we might discuss, but that one other thing, we didn't think of.
  3. I think they should release an album as The Dalton brothers
  4. Focus on releasing archival live performances both audio and video since they have most shows in 1992 recorded in both. Audio only for anything from 1980-1989 if that is all they have. Their live performances are their legacy and there is not enough representation of just how good they were and are live. Even the shows they filmed for official release were often not their best shows. In fact most if not all were not even close.
  5. Sorry that should be most shows since 1992 not just in 1992
  6. Originally posted by sparko:Well, I hope the next album is better than the last 2.

I wouldn't mind them touring not earlier than 2022. I wanna spend money on other great musicians. There's much much much more music and great artists out there.

I don't really want an AB tour, I honestly have no idea what I would "want" - because they never do what I hope for, not even the smallest things. They even are unable to keep the songs I want to hear in the setlist after USA legs, so - whatever.

Who knows what they will do. We can play crystal ball now but what does it bring? Nothing, they will surely do not one of the 987345743578 things we might discuss, but that one other thing, we didn't think of.
    But that describes like 93% of the forums!
  7. I of course would love to see a release of Songs of Ascent. I'm not even hungry for a new tour, but this I am hungry for. A beautiful meditative album without a tour would make sense to me.
  8. I wish they could remaster the airing of the Dortmund show from 1984 and release that as a dvd and on audio
  9. I wish they would had the full Dortmund show. It was edited and a few songs were omitted from the broadcast. Wasn't the rumor that the video was originally planned as part of TUF Deluxe Boxset but then it was scrapped for some reason?

Awesome performance. Deserves an official release for sure.
  10. Originally posted by unclejosh:I wish they would had the full Dortmund show. It was edited and a few songs were omitted from the broadcast. Wasn't the rumor that the video was originally planned as part of TUF Deluxe Boxset but then it was scrapped for some reason?

Awesome performance. Deserves an official release for sure.
    That’s what I remember reading
  11. Personally I hope they release SOA. I would hope next year so that they don't dwell on it longer than it already has been and it ends up being an overproduced shit-show. I really liked the concept of Innocence and Experience and I think Ascent will really round it out. I feel like there will be some loose ends to the narrative if they don't release SOA.

As for touring, just a personal opinion, people saying that they might scale back and play pubs, clubs and theaters is just absolutely ridiculous to me. It's in their blood to belt it out in large arenas and stadiums.

My prediction would be:
    Late-2020 - SOA release. I think this will be an EP of maybe 5-6 songs.
    2021 - Achtung Baby tour. I can't see them not doing this to be honest.
    Late 2022 - New album.
    2023 - Tour of new album and maybe the end???
  12. Originally posted by colbourne25:Personally I hope they release SOA. I would hope next year so that they don't dwell on it longer than it already has been and it ends up being an overproduced shit-show. I really liked the concept of Innocence and Experience and I think Ascent will really round it out. I feel like there will be some loose ends to the narrative if they don't release SOA.

As for touring, just a personal opinion, people saying that they might scale back and play pubs, clubs and theaters is just absolutely ridiculous to me. It's in their blood to belt it out in large arenas and stadiums.

My prediction would be:
    Late-2020 - SOA release. I think this will be an EP of maybe 5-6 songs.
    2021 - Achtung Baby tour. I can't see them not doing this to be honest.
    Late 2022 - New album.
    2023 - Tour of new album and maybe the end???
    I’d be very happy with this scenario. It offers us 2 tours and 2 albums by 2023!

AB30 / Zoo TV adapted for the 2020s is an interesting concept, and it’ll fill stadiums. I’d be surprised if they don’t do this.

Then do an arena/stadium tour in 2022-23 ish for the new album.