1. Between the JT30/32 and E&I shows we saw 3/4 of AB played and the final EI shows included that whole section on recording the album so I think we have seen as much as we can in the way of a Zoo TV/ AB revisit.
  2. new topic title...u2 next steps after covid
  3. Do you really believe there will big concerts in 2021? I'm not even sure for 2022. U2 can't perform concerts with those "Covid safe" measures where they sell out the venue only 20% of the regular capacity. It will take more than one year to reach the herd immunity, and even if 70% are willing to get the vaccination there's not enough vaccine available in this short period to reach the 70%.
  4. I don't think U2 will tour in 2021. If they were, we should have some rumours right now, if not already announced. Even without Covid, I doubt if they would have toured next year, but now with covid, I think it's impossible as Chrissie already mentioned.
  5. I'm hopeful of more concerts in Australia next year but agree with Chrissie; it's hard to imagine any international tours from big artists across Europe and North America until 2022.

6. If it wasn’t for releasing old material and now the idea of an anniversary tour on the back of JT30/32 then it could become very boring being a u2 fan. Not because I dislike the new material but because of how long it takes to get it. Why would I want to wait until possibly the end of 2022/2023 for the next u2 release then tour (realistic timescale based on the past) when we could have plenty other live releases in that time and an anniversary tour as well. I want as much u2 as I can get.
  7. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I'm hopeful of more concerts in Australia next year but agree with Chrissie; it's hard to imagine any international tours from big artists across Europe and North America until 2022.
    Touring might be possible in Australia and New Zealand, and maybe also in several countries in Asia, but def not here on the Northern Hemisphere.
  8. Originally posted by Chrisssie:[..]
    Touring might be possible in Australia and New Zealand, and maybe also in several countries in Asia, but def not here on the Northern Hemisphere.
    Not a chance in hell of any major international act touring AUS / NZ until at least 2022 ( more realistic mid 2022 ). I doubt we will see U2 in the southern hemisphere ever again. I hope i am wrong on both counts but i think this is the reality of a post/present Covid world.
  9. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]
    Not a chance in hell of any major international act touring AUS / NZ until at least 2022 ( more realistic mid 2022 ). I doubt we will see U2 in the southern hemisphere ever again. I hope i am wrong on both counts but i think this is the reality of a post/present Covid world.
    Yep I'm not sure either if any international act will perform anywhere before 2022. And even if I'm sorry to say so "in front of" Australian/NZ/Asian fans, I doubt as well that U2 will ever tour in the southern hemisphere again.
    What I was trying to say is that bigger concerts in general might start earlier in Australia/NZ/Asia than here in the northern hemisphere because the are getting Covid under control earlier than here.
  10. I think it will become a bit clearer in the next 3-6 months, particularly in UK/Europe as to the impact of vaccinations etc.
    Pretty much all the shows I had booked for 2020 have been moved to 2021. Am expecting a number of these shows, to be moved to 2022.

In terms of U2, they have had a year out and think it will be a little while longer before anything substantial comes along in terms of rumours regarding a new album etc.

It will be interesting to see the response after the pandemic, will bands, including U2 be under pressure to go out and play some shows? Promotors by this point would of gone over a year maybe nearly 2 with hardly any ticket sales.
  11. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:I don't think U2 will tour in 2021. If they were, we should have some rumours right now, if not already announced. Even without Covid, I doubt if they would have toured next year, but now with covid, I think it's impossible as Chrissie already mentioned.
    I don't think we will see them in 2020.
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

If it wasn’t for releasing old material and now the idea of an anniversary tour on the back of JT30/32 then it could become very boring being a u2 fan. Not because I dislike the new material but because of how long it takes to get it. Why would I want to wait until possibly the end of 2022/2023 for the next u2 release then tour (realistic timescale based on the past) when we could have plenty other live releases in that time and an anniversary tour as well. I want as much u2 as I can get.
    Despite the appetite of people in lockdown for new material, l kinda think the longer they wait JT17 live DVD the more it will suck. I think they kinda have to do something soon though. A new year is upon us.