1. I hope they don't do AB30. They played most of it in 2018 without any anniversary tied to it.

New album tour instead.
  2. New album in 2021 followed by a stadium tour.

20 or so dates in the US late Spring/Early Summer.

20 or so dates in Europe during the Summer.

10 or so shows in NZ/AUS/Pacific Rim in the Fall.

No need for a Vertigo type tour where they are playing arenas for 100+ dates.
  3. And really, what is left off that album that they haven't mined since 2006? So Cruel and Love is Blindness.

A full album show/touring cycle wasted for two songs doesn't make sense.
  4. I would like an album that contains songs that are experimental and interesting, that have their rare moments, I need an album that shows a twist to the sound of their last 2 albums, I would like a more electronic and more aggressive sound that manages to adapt to the new times
  5. As for AB30, I think Bono talked about that tour in 2017, about ZOO.COM
  6. Originally posted by Coso:[..]
    And really, what is left off that album that they haven't mined since 2006? So Cruel and Love is Blindness.

A full album show/touring cycle wasted for two songs doesn't make sense.
    Tryin to throw your arms around the world as well. Plus they’ve hardly played the fly and zoo station since after the vertigo tour if you count up the number of performances (27 for the fly,20
    For zoo station) especially compared to number of shows since it’s not a lot. Wild horses is the same that’s had nowhere near enough appearances since after zoo tv (22 since after vertigo tour). So there’s 6 songs right there that have massive appeal. Add to that mysterious ways won’t have been played in 4 years by 2021. The zoo.com was something Bono said, it was at the end of an interview.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Tryin to throw your arms around the world as well. Plus they’ve hardly played the fly and zoo station since after the vertigo tour if you count up the number of performances especially compared to number of shows since it’s not a lot. Wild horses is the same that’s had nowhere near enough appearances since after zoo tv. So there’s 6 songs right there that have massive appeal. Add to that mysterious ways won’t have been played in 4 years by 2021. The zoo.com was something Bono said, it was at the end of an interview.
    I'd rather they take a deep cut from Zooropa, Pop and AB and put them in throughout the shows and rotate them each night. No acoustic versions. Give us Gone/Mofo/Discotheque, Wild Horses/Love is Blindness/Zoo Station, Numb (which they had ready to go in 2015), Daddy's Gonna Pay, Dirty Day.

Bono playing the Fly now would be ridiculous. He pals around with the people the Fly and his alter-egos made fun of. He has gotten too nice. Well, he did do some nasty work as Macphisto, so maybe he does have it in him.

However, we don't need another retread tour. Move on but pull back in a bunch of weird shit not played in a long time.
  8. One thing I think we can all agree on; 2020 will probably be a very quiet year for U2. They will probably acknowledge the 40th anniversary of Boy in some way, but probably not with live shows.
  9. Originally posted by podiumboy:One thing I think we can all agree on; 2020 will probably be a very quiet year for U2. They will probably acknowledge the 40th anniversary of Boy in some way, but probably not with live shows.
    Yep! And do they ever deserve it.
  10. The thing I don't like about an anniversary tour is that it removes the element of surprise.
  11. Definitely. Any wiggle room for “deep cuts” in the setlist is already used up by the deep cuts from the showcases album.

That said, I thought 2019 JT setlist was better than 2017.