1. Well, it’s only some interpretations here that think Adam was talking about previously released songs, even though he never mentioned the word ‘old’.
  2. Okay , this acoustic idea is really scraping the bottom of a very long barrel. Y’all forgetting that U2 is a horrible acoustic band , doubly so since Bono stopped playing guitar. The Edge is a sonic master not a master of stripper back acoustic sounds.
  3. Originally posted by DanialGowans:Okay , this acoustic idea is really scraping the bottom of a very long barrel. Y’all forgetting that U2 is a horrible acoustic band , doubly so since Bono stopped playing guitar. The Edge is a sonic master not a master of stripper back acoustic sounds.
    Agreed. Their sonic sounds are what make them, they seem to be on this obsession that only a good song can also be played acoustically.
  4. I think saying they are a horrible acoustic band is an exaggeration. I would say they are better as a full band in most if not all cases but they’ve played some great acoustic versions of songs. I also think full band acoustic has the potential to take things up a notch from just Bono and edge performing a song acoustically. Something like Best Thing when they performed that live which still had them all playing, that was much better than the album version imo. Admittedly I’m still not over excited at the idea of them releasing acoustic versions of old songs but if it turns out they want to release some new stripped back songs then I’ll wait to hear them before judging them as I don’t think there’s any reason why they shouldn’t sound good.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:I think saying they are a horrible acoustic band is an exaggeration. I would say they are better as a full band in most if not all cases but they’ve played some great acoustic versions of songs. I also think full band acoustic has the potential to take things up a notch from just Bono and edge performing a song acoustically. Something like Best Thing when they performed that live which still had them all playing, that was much better than the album version imo. Admittedly I’m still not over excited at the idea of them releasing acoustic versions of old songs but if it turns out they want to release some new stripped back songs then I’ll wait to hear them before judging them as I don’t think there’s any reason why they shouldn’t sound good.
    And I'm totally oposite. To me there wasn't any song that was at least as good as original or better in acoustic atrangement. Usually it's dull and medicore version of great song. One exception is Stuck In A Moment - that's terrible in any version
  6. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    And I'm totally oposite. To me there wasn't any song that was at least as good as original or better in acoustic atrangement. Usually it's dull and medicore version of great song. One exception is Stuck In A Moment - that's terrible in any version
    Best Thing is also not a good thing in whatever version
  7. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    I think you misread me, I said that most songs are better as a full band. What I’m saying though is despite that there are still great acoustic versions of songs, we disagree on that perhaps. Songs like stay, staring at the sun and stuck in a moment are all better full band but still excellent acoustic imo.
  8. Well I definitely thought the complete opposite of that. It was the album version of best thing I thought was mediocre but the acoustic version actually gave the song a bit of depth and meaning, it wasn’t just a boring throw away poppy sounding song when it was played acoustic like it was on the album.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think you misread me, I said that most songs are better as a full band. What I’m saying though is despite that there are still great acoustic versions of songs, we disagree on that perhaps. Songs like stay, staring at the sun and stuck in a moment are all better full band but still excellent acoustic imo.
    Yeah full band is better but still acoustic and I still stand on my opinion. Btw. Staring at the Sun full band acoustic? Where? When?
  10. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Yeah full band is better but still acoustic and I still stand on my opinion. Btw. Staring at the Sun full band acoustic? Where? When?
    You’re still misunderstanding me I think. I was talking about they songs being better full band in general like the electric full band versions being better than acoustic. Best thing was the only song I picked out as an acoustic full band version, although stuck in a moment does come under that category as well now I think of it. I think I’ve mentioned so many songs and types of versions it’s got confusing lol.