1. That’s true to a point but with any new tour there isn’t really too much surprise Setlist wise after the first night of the tour anyway . And given they are never going to rotate more than 4 or 5 songs a night (generous) they are capable of rotating and changing as many songs on an anniversary tour as any other tour. They ended up with 3 rotational slots by the end of this years tour which was generally more than last year. I realise E&I went through more transformations in general than JT but the potential to change JT was always there. They could have opened with different songs or drastically changed the encore if they wanted to. They sort of did drastically change the encore in fact from 2017 to 2019 and added a couple of other touches too.
  2. Originally posted by podiumboy:One thing I think we can all agree on; 2020 will probably be a very quiet year for U2. They will probably acknowledge the 40th anniversary of Boy in some way, but probably not with live shows.

Or maybe a small theater tour?
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Tryin to throw your arms around the world as well. Plus they’ve hardly played the fly and zoo station since after the vertigo tour if you count up the number of performances (27 for the fly,20
    For zoo station) especially compared to number of shows since it’s not a lot. Wild horses is the same that’s had nowhere near enough appearances since after zoo tv (22 since after vertigo tour). So there’s 6 songs right there that have massive appeal. Add to that mysterious ways won’t have been played in 4 years by 2021. The zoo.com was something Bono said, it was at the end of an interview.

that's still very different from JT, which only had the first 4 songs played regularly. And no way they will follow up JT32 with AB30. Also AB is not such a big album as JT in general. It's my favourite and probably for many other fanatic U2 fans, but I don't think it will guarantee full stadiums worldwide.
  4. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

that's still very different from JT, which only had the first 4 songs played regularly. And no way they will follow up JT32 with AB30. Also AB is not such a big album as JT in general. It's my favourite and probably for many other fanatic U2 fans, but I don't think it will guarantee full stadiums worldwide.
    That’s true there is a difference there but still enough appeal I feel. My idea of an AB30 tour would be a shorter tour than JT. I do accept JT is the bigger album but AB is more than capable of selling out 10 stadiums in North American and 10 stadiums in Europe. A nice short tour with 20 shows to honour the album. Not overkill, just a handful of shows and move on to the next album and a brand new tour. Tbh though whatever new tour or new album the band give us I’ll be grateful for it. Its actually pretty exciting to discuss all this stuff when for the first time in a while we don’t really know whats coming next and there are a lot of possibilities and directions the band can take. I’m sure they’ll manage to deliver like they always do.
  5. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

I agree that AB isn't as big an album as JT (in most parts of the world). But the ZOO TV tour on the other hand.... completely different story. If I ever strike up a conversation with a casual U2 fan or just a music fan in general and U2's live shows are ever mentioned 9 times out of 10 ZOO TV will be the first talking point.

If they marketed an AB tour that it would be like a ZOO TV tour then I honestly think it would sell better than JT30. It would be less about the actual album and more about the grandeur of the show.
  6. Updated
  7. ATYCLB 20
  8. Where The Streets Have No Name
    In Gods Country
    Desire
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    Bad
    With Or Without You
    All I Want Is You
    ——ZOO TV (intro)——
    Zoo Station
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    One
    Until The End Of The World
    Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    So Cruel
    The Fly
    Mysterious Ways
    Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    Ultra-Violet (Light My Way)
    Acrobat
    Love Is Blindness
    ———————
    Mofo
    I will follow
    Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    Cant help falling in love with you
  9. I hope anniversary tours are not a trend. I've loved U2 for 20 years for their forward facing nature, embracing their new work as their best. The Joshua Tree anniversary tour was an amazing gift, celebrating one of their best albums. But I fear that if they continue to do these for Achtung Baby or ATYCLB, they will have fallen into the "nostalgia act" trap they have always spoken about not being. I look forward to the future and new material and new tours supporting it.
  10. Originally posted by thefly07:[..]
    I hope anniversary tours are not a trend. I've loved U2 for 20 years for their forward facing nature, embracing their new work as their best. The Joshua Tree anniversary tour was an amazing gift, celebrating one of their best albums. But I fear that if they continue to do these for Achtung Baby or ATYCLB, they will have fallen into the "nostalgia act" trap they have always spoken about not being. I look forward to the future and new material and new tours supporting it.
    I concur.
  11. Originally posted by DavePoptart:Where The Streets Have No Name
    In Gods Country
    Desire
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    Bad
    With Or Without You
    All I Want Is You
    ——ZOO TV (intro)——
    Zoo Station
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    One
    Until The End Of The World
    Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    So Cruel
    The Fly
    Mysterious Ways
    Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    Ultra-Violet (Light My Way)
    Acrobat
    Love Is Blindness
    ———————
    Mofo
    I will follow
    Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    Cant help falling in love with you
    Well if we take the same setlist setup as JT19 of 5 songs pre, 11 for TJT and 9 post TJT then (Obviously AB is 12 songs and maybe 6 songs pre AB instead of 5):

1) Where the Streets Have No Name
    2) I Will Follow
    3) Bad
    4) Sunday Bloody Sunday
    5) New Year's Day
    6) All I Want Is You
    ——ZOO TV (intro)——
    7) Zoo Station
    8) Even Better Than The Real Thing
    9) One
    10) Until The End Of The World
    11) Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    12) So Cruel
    13) The Fly
    14) Mysterious Ways
    15) Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    16) Ultra-Violet (Light My Way)
    17) Acrobat
    18) Love Is Blindness
    19) Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    20) Dirty Day

21) The Blackout
    22) Please
    23) Every Breaking Wave
    24) Vertigo
    25) Beautiful Day

Dunno about you guys, but I would definitely wanna see this... perhaps more than TJT.