1. So the U2 Unplugged Album like Kiss did in the 90s?
  2. U2 is not getting any younger too. Inhaler people will put out another album before U2 does
  3. It really doesn't matter how many albums Inhaler put out before U2... There are thousands of bands who release more albums before U2 and it's totally irrelevant...
  4. It becomes relevant when you see others being creative and using the pandemic to stay, well, relevant. U2 takes time between albums and tours, but they've missed a great opportunity over the last year. Based on what Adam said, an album may be put together when the world is safer for touring. I don't honestly think we'll see an album until 22 at the earliest..and "recording songs from the catalog in different keys and tempos just as a challenge" doesn't sound like a serious project. But, everything they say should always be taken with a grain of salt (mainly Bono LOL) The most telling quote from that was: "we have ambitions, once we can see a reason to put out another record." So at this point it sounds like they have no interest in putting anything out anytime soon. Yeah he mentions storing songs away, but it'll be quiet for a while
  5. Originally posted by bonoschild:It becomes relevant when you see others being creative and using the pandemic to stay, well, relevant. U2 takes time between albums and tours, but they've missed a great opportunity over the last year. Based on what Adam said, an album may be put together when the world is safer for touring. I don't honestly think we'll see an album until 22 at the earliest..and "recording songs from the catalog in different keys and tempos just as a challenge" doesn't sound like a serious project. But, everything they say should always be taken with a grain of salt (mainly Bono LOL) The most telling quote from that was: "we have ambitions, once we can see a reason to put out another record." So at this point it sounds like they have no interest in putting anything out anytime soon. Yeah he mentions storing songs away, but it'll be quiet for a while
    They should just release SoA ep from the finished recordings

6. In theory, maybe not a bad idea. But there is a checklist of things older artists ARE REQUIRED TO DO:

1. Hire a younger producer with a penchant for being in touch with the sounds of a younger generation(Or Pandering, as I would call this.)
    2. Use Autotune. The last thing most people under 30 want(Target age for new demographic of fans) is to hear real singing. These days, everyone has to have a voice that sounds exactly the same. Anything diverse or bucking the trends is counter productive for a young audience. For reference, check out the last 3 singles George Michael released in his lifetime. All autotune. Since that George Michael guy can't carry a tune, it made sense.
    3. Make an album of covers or standards, or rehashes of your own songs with the Fish Out Of Water Orchestra, the London Symphony or maybe even the Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra, or acoustic rehashes, and if unsure, call Sting up. Sting has extensive expertise when it comes to remaking his and Police songs to the point of ridiculous over exhaustion. If Sting is busy, call up Rod Stewart. He knows a thing or two about covers.
    4. Make a remixes box set. The absolute most important thing for a rock band is to have tons of dance remixes. Where would Aerosmith be without the Fish Dying Out Of Water remix of Dream On? Or Eric Clapton? The Restanka Danka remix of Layla is his career defining moment. A 5 Disc Box Set Of Remixes is the challenge all older rock bands should strive for.
  7. Huh
  8. I sometimes think they should just make some music without feeling the need to do a tour. Would probably result in much more interesting music. NLOTH would have been a lot better anyway without the more 'live ready' songs. And REM made some excellent records they didn't tour.
  9. Originally posted by RememberEveryMoment:I sometimes think they should just make some music without feeling the need to do a tour. Would probably result in much more interesting music. NLOTH would have been a lot better anyway without the more 'live ready' songs. And REM made some excellent records they didn't tour.
    agree with this
  10. Originally posted by RememberEveryMoment:I sometimes think they should just make some music without feeling the need to do a tour. Would probably result in much more interesting music. NLOTH would have been a lot better anyway without the more 'live ready' songs. And REM made some excellent records they didn't tour.
    they should do what Coldplay do and just bring out a new tune every now and then no album no single just a song for the hell of it
  11. It would be interesting for me to see U2 with a new sound, mix of old and new producers, virtual tour, a real rock album and an experimental EP. I think I would be asking too much