EI
    Vertigo
    Lovetown
    IE
    TJT 17
    Elevation
    Popmart
    TJT 87
  2. Originally posted by 88stillhere:Off topic but: does anyone know if the U2 show at Red Rocks was their First performance in the USA? ... I’m thinking it Wasn’t but don’t really know....
    U2 had been touring the US since the Boy album in clubs.
  3. According to u2gigs.com, Red Rocks was there 157th American public appearance in the USA including interviews and promo shows.
  4. Originally posted by 88stillhere:Off topic but: does anyone know if the U2 show at Red Rocks was their First performance in the USA? ... I’m thinking it Wasn’t but don’t really know....

Check out the Shows section on this site

5. I have seen every tour since Zooropa 1993 and my first show was the 2nd Night at the RDS. It set the benchmark for all other tours (for every other artist) from this point forward. Even now after 26 years the footage is still spectacular! IE and EI would rank it a close second but I think the Vertigo tour was a bit weak in comparison. It just didn’t reach the heights of the Elevation tour and it did bug me (didn’t mean to bug ya) when they played Vertigo twice,
  6. Zootv was not only my first u2 gig, but also my first gig ever. I was obsessed with Achtung baby and listening to the Zoo Radio transmission. Then to actually stand there and listen to Zoo Station opening the concert literally made me weak at the knees. Best era for me, best album for me(still is), incredible performances of those songs and just an amazing experience to see. The running to stand still into streets still gives me goosebumps
  7. Originally posted by 88stillhere:Off topic but: does anyone know if the U2 show at Red Rocks was their First performance in the USA? ... I’m thinking it Wasn’t but don’t really know....

USA => Utterly Soaked Amphitheatre... so the answer is probably yes!
  8. Based on personal experience, they've all been great, difficult to rank.
    Elevation (Astoria - London, Earls Court - London, Slane - Dublin)
    360 (Millennium Stadium - Cardiff)
    IE (o2 - London)
    Zoo TV (Cardiff)
    EI (o2 - London)
    JT17 - (Twickenham - London)
    Popmart (London)
    Vertigo (Cardiff)
  9. Forgot JT17

Elevation (Astoria - London, Earls Court - London, Slane - Dublin)
    360 (Millennium Stadium - Cardiff)
    IE (o2 - London)
    Zoo TV (Cardiff)
    EI (o2 - London)
    JT17 - (Twickenham - London)
    Popmart (London)
  10. ZOO tv
    I&e
    Popmart
    TJT 2017
    E&I
    Elevation
    Lovetown
    TJT 1987
    Vertigo
  11. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    Some like his voice from the (middle) 80's better, I like the more subtle way of singing of the 90's. But even that can differ from song to song.
    And indeed, in terms of popularity U2's peak probably already was in the 80's. Fans complaining about U2 taking the wrong direction appartently is of all era's.. already started with The Unforgettable Fire I think, or maybe even before...

I have been a fan since 1983, and the biggest fan backlash I remember was Zoo TV. Of course it happens whenever they do something different. But it definately seemed like a larger number then of "diehards", probably because it was one of the most drastic changes they have ever made. I sat in the Propaganda sections for most of the Zoo shows and they were bitching about it at shows! "Oh, they have lost their way."(Again, ridiculous IMO) Of course, they brought on a bunch of new fans with the new direction as well. So there is that.