1. I've been listening to Kanye's stuff recently and I found out he opened for 4 Vertigo shows in 2005 (the last 05 shows to be exact) then all of the Australia and New Zealand shows in 06. I've only been able to find 1 low quality clip from the 11-11 show in Sydney but nothing else. is there anything else available?
  2. Bump to this after listening to his new album "Donda" yesterday. Reminded me that he opened for U2 on some of these Vertigo shows...and that their stadium presence influenced Kanye's own music and live acts for his 2007 "Graduation" album (and album, incidentally, that I remember listening to repeatedly while awaiting the elusive NLOTH album announcement...)
  3. I had the misfortune of experiencing him twice (as well as enduring Jay-Z in 2010); trust me, you didn't miss anything.
  4. Nah Kanye is pretty damn good, wholeheartedly disagree with this
  5. Very strange choice as a support acts. I know there isn’t any written rules but you’d think they would maybe try to find an act in the same sort of genre to play before u2. Maybe they felt Jay Z and Kanye West were big enough names though that they would still get interest but I know it would be a good reason for me not to show up too early. Maybe it’s a good punishment for all the rail hoggers participating in the stupid GA numbering system, having to suffer such acts lol.
  6. The lack of support U2 shows for local artists by choosing to bring along international acts is very disappointing. Australia has produced some incredible talent from its small population and any number would have been more appreciated by the audience than rappers. I'd still have preferred a local act for JT19 but at least NGHFB were a lot more suitable.
  7. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:The lack of support U2 shows for local artists by choosing to bring along international acts is very disappointing. Australia has produced some incredible talent from its small population and any number would have been more appreciated by the audience than rappers. I'd still have preferred a local act for JT19 but at least NGHFB were a lot more suitable.
    That’s also surprising. I know with a few tours in Glasgow they’ve had support from local bands. Elevation tour and 360 anyway. Noel Gallagher was excellent when I saw him support them at Twickenham in 2017, definitely one of the best, maybe the best support band I’ve ever seen for my taste anyway.
  8. Taste is the issue, isn't it.
  9. should of had Birds Of Tokyo open for them in Australia
  10. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:The lack of support U2 shows for local artists by choosing to bring along international acts is very disappointing. Australia has produced some incredible talent from its small population and any number would have been more appreciated by the audience than rappers. I'd still have preferred a local act for JT19 but at least NGHFB were a lot more suitable.
    Would love to see Flight Of The Conchords open in New Zealand
  11. "Yeezus" it's your best album, imo, i've listened to a few songs from "Donda" and didn't captivate me.
  12. he’s one of the few artists in the world to have a literally no misses albums. in his discography you will find no thing which is objectively bad