1. For me, JT30 Tour was most unexpected. It was the one thing they had pretty much said they wouldn't do. Not that I was disappointed, some great moments on that tour.

Even with SOI release, they had mentioned previous to that about trying to find new ways to release music.
  2. That I would see U2 in New Zealand playing tribute to a mass killing in my little country
  3. Acrobat, Zooropa, and Exit all being regulars on at least one tour/leg of tour.
  4. U2 in India
    JT Tour
    Acrobat live
  5. Paul McGuiness stepping down as U2's manager.

6. Paul Simon joining them onstage in New York on the I&E tour one of the greatest songwriter of all time.
  7. Now that was bad.

The worst time for him to be on stage. Kicked off in no time, if I remember?
  8. On that note actually but admittedly off topic why don’t the performances of mother and child reunion get counted as a song as opposed to snippet? It might not be a full version of song but it doesn’t fit the criteria of snippet either. I notice for the show with Paul Simon it was counted as a performance.
  9. Bono or Edge should have told WW to turn the sequencers off and just played an extended acoustic version that's what annoys me about them they never allow for spontaneity everything is done to facilitate the footage on the video screen.
  10. 360: Playing live (again) unreleased material in front of us; The Unforgettable Fire; Love Rescue Me and many others gems of old and current album on a mindblowin' stage. And leavin' out Drowning Man, that would have fit perfectly, too.
    2015: Playing one of their most energetic tours ever with fans' dreams' setlists nearly every night and a really strong tour album; Two Hearts beat As One; October; Every Breaking Wave; Zooropa etc.
    2017: Playing my favourite album in its entirity; Red Hill Mining Town; Exit. Plus: A Sort Of Homecoming
    2018: Playing their most imtimate album plus Acrobat, Spanish Eyes etc. and returning again to the Point Depot with glorious nights - while daring to leave off one of their best tunes of the last decades: The Little Things!
    2019: While great for fans on the other side of the planet, the danger to become a heritage act has become reality: "We want new material - the old stuff has been repeated too many times ..."

So a lot of things, that I wouldn't have believed - and now I wish the band a long deserved break to reflect in order to walk on. To make it fresh for themselves, so it will be fresh and interesting for us!