1. How awesome would it be if U2 let fans vote on the next tour / album cycle. Perhaps only U2.com members can vote. Just think about the spike in U2.com subscriptions and renewals. A few options:

- Zoo TV 2.0 Tour with Achtung Baby played in its entirety every night

- Complete a new album and then tour it with the focus on the new songs

- Play shows every year until they retire, maybe even residencies, and only release new songs or EPS and not dedicate time to writing and recording a new album.

The band is called U2 for a reason! How awesome to forge your future totally based on fan input! Of course, U2 and their management would totally have to buy into this! Unprecedented!

Thoughts?

Happy New Year!!!!
  2. Guy Oseary is trying to find out your address and pay you a not-so-nice visit...
  3. I know I love it when people I don’t know decide what the last decades of my life are gonna be like
  4. I vote for none of the above.
  5. "I know I love it when people I don’t know decide what the last decades of my life are gonna be like..."

That's the the inherently insane beauty of the thought...

Obviously TMTOMH and a few adult beverages when I posted this idea yesterday.
    I still contend it would an unprecedented idea if fans could vote for some element or component of the band's next endeavor....
  6. Originally posted by LostSailor:"I know I love it when people I don’t know decide what the last decades of my life are gonna be like..."

That's the the inherently insane beauty of the thought...

Obviously TMTOMH and a few adult beverages when I posted this idea yesterday.
    I still contend it would an unprecedented idea if fans could vote for some element or component of the band's next endeavor....
    Just let us vote for a couple of setlist spots for each show. It has been (successfully) done by other bands in the past, it's rather easy to implement and would be more than enough to keep us involved...

... if only fans didn't massively vote for WOWY, Vertigo and One for every gig
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Just let us vote for a couple of setlist spots for each show. It has been (successfully) done by other bands in the past, it's rather easy to implement and would be more than enough to keep us involved...

... if only fans didn't massively vote for WOWY, Vertigo and One for every gig
    I love this idea and think that even U2 could pull it off.

As for the original three options in the post, I vote for release a new album and then tour it. But I hope it’s not until at least late 2021 or 2022.