1. What do you expect from this book? I expect to read about Bono's brush with mortality in 2016. I guess we will finally find out what happened.

U2songs: The Crystal Ball: 2020 and Beyond

Bono is also putting the finishes on his autobiography, which is being published by Penguin. It looks like the book is nearing completion and should be available soon.

The book has been in the works for some time with the deal to write the book being secured in 2017 and offered to a small group of publishers at the time according to reports in the Irish press.

Last year it was said that a final manuscript was expected in the middle of 2019 by Penguin. And at that time it was expected that it would take a number of months to finish editing and get it ready to go to press.

If it was turned in at the expected mid-year point last year, then it could potentially arrive in 2020.

Two well known friends of Bono’s have commented on it in late 2019, with Salman Rushdie telling Brendan O’Connor on RTE, that Bono “is good at everything. Why wouldn’t he be good at this?” and Elton John also claiming that he hasn’t given Bono any writing tips, in an interview shortly after John’s own autobiography was published.
  2. I expect a shit ton of flak from everyone who isn't a U2 fan lol.

My biggest hope is that 90% of this book/Bono's story isn't content that's already been covered in U2 material, like U2byU2. And while one could say "this is Bono's story, not U2's" - what else would we want to read this for? I don't really have much interest in learning about Bono and how he's raised his kids or whatever. My hope is that this is a book mainly about U2's journey, from Bono's perspective - and it contains perspectives and stories on things we're familiar with, but that we've yet to hear.
  3. I can't see him revealing his health scare it would be the main headline amongst the tabloids and he would have to explain it every time he does promo, U2s and his life has been well documented through the years by others in print there is not a lot people don't know about him or the band I wouldn't say it's top of his priorities at the moment.
  4. Publishing works to very set patterns Bono's book will be published in September to cash in on the build up to christmas market.
  5. I think as well he won’t write about what exactly has happened to him, but on the other hand it would be a bit strange to read a book about his life without a word about his near death.
    Maybe he didn’t talk about it then because he wanted to write exclusively about it in the book?
  6. What about a biopic!

(Please don't)
  7. I am actually looking forward to this. His life could offer some great insights to many experiences.
  8. A poke in the eye with a sharp stick would be better than Queen or Elton John.
  9. The brush with mortality is actually the only thing that makes me really curious about this. of course it'll be a fun read but most of it will be just nice private anecdotes and rewritings of things we already know.
  10. He once said in a radio interview that he'd like to write about the psychology of being a front man in a band and what it does to you etc. I'd just like an honest account on how his hair grew thicker these past ten years. 🙂
  11. Originally posted by EridescoFly:He once said in a radio interview that he'd like to write about the psychology of being a front man in a band and what it does to you etc. I'd just like an honest account on how his hair grew thicker these past ten years. 🙂
    They would redact that as fast as Edge's hair vanished!