1. Episode 10 of the U2start podcast!

The U2start Podcast brings you insights into the world of U2 and U2 fans.

Your podcast hosts for this episode are Remy and Joeri. The music is created by LikeASong.

Episode #10 - Talking U2 and Music with High Flying Bird Jessica Greenfield

High Flying Bird member Jessica Greenfield takes us through her career with focus on her role in Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and being part of U2's support act on The Joshua Tree tour. We talk about Jessica's musical inspiration, touring, The Joshua Tree tour, working with Noel Gallagher and about The Kondoors, the musical duo she forms with her husband. We also hear a great story from Brisbane last year, when Jessica and others were invited to see a movie in the cinema together with U2.

Episode notes and links
    - Bono's harmonica framed on Joeri's wall
    - The Kondoors on YouTube
    - The Kondoors on Spotify
    - The Kondoors on Apple Music
    - The Kondoors website

You can listen to the podcast on our podcast page, but we are also on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Stitcher and TuneIn. Just search for "U2start".
  2. Awesome. Looking forward to listening to this.
  3. Quite the catch.
  4. I saw him throw the harmonica; cool to learn Joeri was the recipient 😎
  5. Yeah it's nice to see different faces getting the goods that come from the stage
  6. Totally enjoyed this interview with Jessica and hearing her stories and perspective of the tour and the band. I also checked out the link to The Kondoors and, wow, she and hubby have voices that complement each other perfectly. Some nice chilled tracks.
  7. For me it’s still everyday cool to learn it’s really on my wall!
  8. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Totally enjoyed this interview with Jessica and hearing her stories and perspective of the tour and the band. I also checked out the link to The Kondoors and, wow, she and hubby have voices that complement each other perfectly. Some nice chilled tracks.
    It is! And it was really nice talking to her. This was the first episode where Remy or myself didn’t ‘know’ the guest. So we were both a little nervous but I think it worked out perfect!
  9. It was an OK listen. Music got a bit distracting/annoying at times and maybe I would have asked 1 or 2 different questions.

Jess is a great character, and it was interesting to hear some of her stories and thoughts. It is obvious she's not a U2 fan though haha. Was a nice treat though. Thanks guys!
  10. I like how you opened her eyes a little more to what it's like to be a dedicated fan seeing multiple shows in different cities and countries. As fans you get a taste of what it's like to be a musician on tour, and as a musician she knows how that feels, so she can empathise and admire your commitment.