1. Originally posted by podiumboy:The game has changed. I'll never buy tickets the day of the onsale again.
    (...)
    Of course, the demand for U2 (and all concerts) is a little different here in the midwestern US. I wouldn't recommend this method if you're trying to get U2 tickets in Amsterdam, Dublin, Paris, etc.
    Same here. Maybe only with U2 and only for the first night of the lot I'm attending - the rest will come later even for high demand cities like the ones you mention. Long live fan-to-fan platforms with max. pricing options like Ticketswap, fuck the resellers and the official vendors with their dynamic pricing!!!
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Same here. Maybe only with U2 and only for the first night of the lot I'm attending - the rest will come later even for high demand cities like the ones you mention. Long live fan-to-fan platforms with max. pricing options like Ticketswap, fuck the resellers and the official vendors with their dynamic pricing!!!
    Yes, for example - Paris 2 in 2017, you could get GA on reselling sites for under face value, at like €50-ish.

€2 for seats for U2 in Auckland 2019 is probably the lowest I've seen any tickets go for any act. That was insane, lol.
  3. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    €2 for seats for U2 in Auckland 2019 is probably the lowest I've seen any tickets go for any act. That was insane, lol.
    Hahaha that was something to behold and rejoice to. Overwhelming demand
  4. Hey, you kids down the back, stop mucking around! This thread is not about U2. Pay attention or you'll be kept in after school and made to listen to Nickleback's Greatest Hits.
  5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Hey, you kids down the back, stop mucking around! This thread is not about U2. Pay attention or you'll be kept in after school and made to listen to Nickleback's Greatest Hits.

6. “Helped by a 66% sales increase in dynamically priced Platinum tickets at 3,000 events, the overall, average ticket prices for amphitheater and arena shows have grown double-digits in the last three years.”
  7. Ouch! Just proves the industry is more about money than music these days.
  8. Beyonce is using dynamic pricing on her tour. 2 normal GA tickets, not even gold circle or anything, will set you back nearly £800 based on current demand. These aren't official platinum tickets either, just normal GA straight from Ticketmaster.

9. Even just the fees are in the amount of regular ticket price...
    I would never give over $300 to anyone (yes I mean $.... so definitely not £). If anyone asks those prices, doesn't deserve my money. Pure greed
  10. Wow that is madness. Although they must be expecting to sell out, doing 5 shows at Tottenham stadium in London!

One of the shows is at £410 plus fees for GA. Some of the 'vip' standing is over £1k, some are nearly £3k per ticket.

Whilst personally am not a Beyonce fan, feel sorry for her fans who are being mugged off here.

In the UK I don't think we have had much exposure to dynamic pricing at gigs yet, but if this is the way forward it is worrying.
  11. The price will likely come down significantly. Can’t see there being enough takers at that price. Coldplay was a good guide where the cheapest tickets at one point for the Hampden Park Glasgow show were over £200 then a few weeks before the show they suddenly went down to £80 ish then £70 ish. You need to be careful however as eventually when it gets to a few days before the price shoots up again. Timing is key with dynamic pricing to get the best value, hopefully the presale is good to some of the real fans as well.
  12. All these ticket prices are crazy. Sounds like even movie theaters will start charging more based on seat location. I’ve never bought u2 resale. If something isn’t selling, it will eventually be reduced to an acceptable price