1. Haha.. serious?

I just did that bit in 20 mins because someone here said if that was possible. So made some quick choices about who was singing where.. Found it appropriate that Cash would start the song..
  2. Well anything is possible with the combo of tools that I now use. I have a couple ready to go that were kind of easy:

- "Numb all the days" or "Down all the Numb", if you will
    - Zoo Station - Vocal Duet of the album and "baby" version (That one's epic btw!)

There's also some more difficult ones I'm working on, the hardest ones are:

- Zoo Station "Botoms Up" mix. I had the idea to follow the evolution of that song from the "Sky Down" moment in March '91. So that is built from bits of that doc, the "bottoms" remix Brian Eno did ,and some guitars and vocal from the "Baby" version. Really interesting one, but hard to get right

- The UV1 (Ultraviolet) song that was the "mother of a lot of songs". Basis there is the salome outtake on which i built al bits that fitted from later other songs, including The Fly, UV (light my way), Spinning Head and 1 easter-egg (that took me 2 days to fit in)
  3. Just getting started, all 3 posted here I just made today

Have to say that Bono's accoustic version and the Duet sound as good as anything I've ever heard. Makes me love a song again that I've heard so much!
  4. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Just getting started, all 3 posted here I just made today

Have to say that Bono's accoustic version and the Duet sound as good as anything I've ever heard. Makes me love a song again that I've heard so much!
    Ps.

They sound so great mixed because the basics are evenly fantastic but so different..
  5. Man, you've done a beautiful job with all three versions, can't even say which one I prefer. Well, maybe the duet right now, but all are great. It is unbelievable, how many totally shity remixes are officially put out, some quite recently. Your mixes sound just natural, totally unforced. Bravo.
  6. Originally posted by melon51:In the meantime, I did feel sorry for Bono and Cash's guitarist sitting around with nothing to do.

So here's the "inversed version" of the song , featuring just the spare Cash guitars with Bono's studio vocal:

[YouTube Video]
    Love this. They should play this version from time to time
  7. Originally posted by Happy24:Man, you've done a beautiful job with all three versions, can't even say which one I prefer. Well, maybe the duet right now, but all are great. It is unbelievable, how many totally shity remixes are officially put out, some quite recently. Your mixes sound just natural, totally unforced. Bravo.
    Thanks a lot! Funnily enough I did all 3 quite quickly, while I'm wrestling with some other ideas...

The primary challenge with this song was to "understand" the different timings Johny Cash and Bono use. Bono loves to sing ahead of the note as Cash likes to sing just after it... Or vice versa.

But with matching that (and keeping the original ideas) I used the guitar parts as a guide.

Cash's version is "straight on the note" where U2's is a "half tap after the note" But if you switch out everything except Adam's Bass and Cash's guitar you can match their both intended timing and melodies..
  8. The duet is fabulous and all the more impressive because you threw it together so quickly.
  9. hi! @melon51

These duets was really awesome I never thought that these mixing processing would be exists.
    It was a pure perfection, thank you.

Can you make please when you have a spare time also too Two Shots of Happy (2015 version with vocal+full instruments) with the 1995 (only full instruments) bootleg version?

It is the live/session versions a bit more difficult making than the studio?

In the "If God Will Send His Angels" single, it had a too much reverb or echo in it and the vocals are louder than in the original Frank Sinatra broadcast was.

I think they had it too much uber remastered or dubbed and the original was the best of the both.
    10 years ago I had seen for the first time in YT a German overdubbed broadcast of it and albeit at that time even in the lowest quailty it had sounded really good, but now I see someone had putted in 480p format.

The 2015 version was the greatest solo U2 song then I ever heard, high and very fine Bono notes, such a very underrated song, but still just only in a few ceremonies had given a great occassion

It is my all time favorite song in the last few years and I had thinking in the last few months about that what had would be hearing both in one of this.
  10. Angel of Halen (Demo) + Angel of Halen (Album)
  11. Originally posted by Jimmy93:hi! @melon51

These duets was really awesome I never thought that these mixing processing would be exists.
    It was a pure perfection, thank you.

Can you make please when you have a spare time also too Two Shots of Happy (2015 version with vocal+full instruments) with the 1995 (only full instruments) bootleg version?

It is the live/session versions a bit more difficult making than the studio?

In the "If God Will Send His Angels" single, it had a too much reverb or echo in it and the vocals are louder than in the original Frank Sinatra broadcast was.

I think they had it too much uber remastered or dubbed and the original was the best of the both.
    10 years ago I had seen for the first time in YT a German overdubbed broadcast of it and albeit at that time even in the lowest quailty it had sounded really good, but now I see someone had putted in 480p format.

The 2015 version was the greatest solo U2 song then I ever heard, high and very fine Bono notes, such a very underrated song, but still just only in a few ceremonies had given a great occassion

It is my all time favorite song in the last few years and I had thinking in the last few months about that what had would be hearing both in one of this.
    @jimmy93

It was a few ideas/wishes that I had, that led me to using this combination of tools. Not sure if anybody else does it this way.

The basics of combining Cash with U2's version of One was relatively straightforward, this was a "quicky" so to say. But I still have to do a lot "by ear" since different versions have different tempo's for example. And Cash's (vocal + guitar) timing in his rendition was very different.

But once the basics "fitted" for the Cash vocal I could play around. Took 10 mins to do the duet. Bono's "accoustic version" was a little more difficult because the Cash track was too short, and left Bono singing by himself So I extended the guitar track in a very "unofficial way", haha

What do you mean with 2 shots of happy? Do you want the '95 orchestra added to the 2015 version?