1. Haha..well, the duet version was quick indeed. But I did that after I had done the whole track, which probably took 2-3 hours or so.

Which is still quick, the Ultraviolet "project" I have been working on for 2 weeks now. But with that I'm trying to fit lots of parts into an Achtung Baby bootleg outtake so bit more challenging
  2. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    @jimmy93

It was a few ideas/wishes that I had, that led me to using this combination of tools. Not sure if anybody else does it this way.

The basics of combining Cash with U2's version of One was relatively straightforward, this was a "quicky" so to say. But I still have to do a lot "by ear" since different versions have different tempo's for example. And Cash's (vocal + guitar) timing in his rendition was very different.

But once the basics "fitted" for the Cash vocal I could play around. Took 10 mins to do the duet. Bono's "accoustic version" was a little more difficult because the Cash track was too short, and left Bono singing by himself So I extended the guitar track in a very "unofficial way", haha

What do you mean with 2 shots of happy? Do you want the '95 orchestra added to the 2015 version?
    I had also ideas too of remixing for long ago, but in very easier style and I hadn't for years not a YT account, because I had thinked for me it is useless and nowadays it is now only for data collection causes and it is worser then in the beginning, so SoundCloud is the best way maybe these personal own mixes to uploading, but I had a bit fear to involving in issues and I halted this project, but I had the oniy idea to bootlegs remastering and the result was very better than I thought for an example I had Streets 89' version mastered and I had it almost here posted, but withdrew it in the last time, but maybe when I have time and better days I'll be working it.

For the Two Shots 95' orchestra and steele guitar with the full 2015 version (vocal+orchestra+piano), that's my wish.
  3. Originally posted by Jimmy93:[..]
    I had also ideas too of remixing for long ago, but in very easier style and I hadn't for years not a YT account, because I had thinked for me it is useless and nowadays it is now only for data collection causes and it is worser then in the beginning, so SoundCloud is the best way maybe these personal own mixes to uploading, but I had a bit fear to involving in issues and I halted this project, but I had the oniy idea to bootlegs remastering and the result was very better than I thought for an example I had Streets 89' version mastered and I had it almost here posted, but withdrew it in the last time, but maybe when I have time and better days I'll be working it.

For the Two Shots 95' orchestra and steele guitar with the full 2015 version (vocal+orchestra+piano), that's my wish.
    Aha.. There's great (free) audio-editing software around these days. I use an AI-based tool to separate drums/bass/vocals/the rest and VirtualDJ for accurate BPM measurement. And then I do all the multi-track editing in Audacity which was a pain at first, but getting around now. I used soundcloud until all the remixes I posted there kept getting blocked for copyright. YT also checks for copyright but doesn't remove the video, unless you're monetizing it..

For Two Shots I now have the separated tracks of the "Sinatra 100" version from '15 and the '95 original. I'll quickly see if I can get something "listenable" with that..
  4. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Aha.. There's great (free) audio-editing software around these days. I use an AI-based tool to separate drums/bass/vocals/the rest and VirtualDJ for accurate BPM measurement. And then I do all the multi-track editing in Audacity which was a pain at first, but getting around now. I used soundcloud until all the remixes I posted there kept getting blocked for copyright. YT also checks for copyright but doesn't remove the video, unless you're monetizing it..

For Two Shots I now have the separated tracks of the "Sinatra 100" version from '15 and the '95 original. I'll quickly see if I can get something "listenable" with that..
    Yeah, that's what i'm fearing about my mix ideas that it would be within a few days deleted, but maybe when you put into MediaFire or in MEGA it would be remain for long time
    Next time when you had some fun put it in there or in WeTransfer, but it's just a week limitation and then file would be deleted, but still many amongst of us will be quickly downloading it, so it is fine too.

I have a tip for you: look here at U2start in the bootleg corner it is in Various Dates and 2015-11-02 date version it had HD audio than the other SD version around the web, when you missed that
  5. Originally posted by Jimmy93:[..]
    Yeah, that's what i'm fearing about my mix ideas that it would be within a few days deleted, but maybe when you put into MediaFire or in MEGA it would be remain for long time
    Next time when you had some fun put it in there or in WeTransfer, but it's just a week limitation and then file would be deleted, but still many amongst of us will be quickly downloading it, so it is fine too.

I have a tip for you: look here at U2start in the bootleg corner it is in Various Dates and 2015-11-02 date version it had HD audio than the other SD version around the web, when you missed that
    On Youtube they stay published as long as I don't make money from the vids, so that's fine for me right now.

For 2 shots I downloaded the Dailymotion vid and converted that into an audio track. It sounds good, but if you can point me to/send me a better version that's also good.

There's weird tempo differences between the two versions though, so I hope I'll be able to make something out of it. Not gonna spend the whole night on it but I love the song as well, so worth to give it a try
  6. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    On Youtube they stay published as long as I don't make money from the vids, so that's fine for me right now.

For 2 shots I downloaded the Dailymotion vid and converted that into an audio track. It sounds good, but if you can point me to/send me a better version that's also good.

There's weird tempo differences between the two versions though, so I hope I'll be able to make something out of it. Not gonna spend the whole night on it but I love the song as well, so worth to give it a try
    Okay, I understand and I been clearer now about that YT thingy
    Check your PM I have sent the link
    Ugh, I had a bit thinked that it will be very difficult and many thanks that you this making.
  7. This is incredible, Melon Thanks for all this greatness.
  8. Only just getting started @likeasong ... Working on some other tracks that I know you would like as well, haha..
  9. It might be kinda interesting to hear The Killers Ultraviolet cover mixed with the Kindergarten version and or studio version.
  10. Originally posted by fastcars:It might be kinda interesting to hear The Killers Ultraviolet cover mixed with the Kindergarten version and or studio version.
    That would be cool yes.. Got some interesting Ultraviolet related mix coming up. But that probably deserves it's own topic
  11. @jimmy93

Been trying lots of stuff with the 2 versions of Two Shots of Happy.. Will probably start a separate topic on that song because it was "hell" to try and combine them..

Preliminary result is the instumental '95 version with just the 2015 vocal. He has definitely gotten a more "jazzy" timing, I like it:

12. Originally posted by melon51:@jimmy93

Been trying lots of stuff with the 2 versions of Two Shots of Happy.. Will probably start a separate topic on that song because it was "hell" to try and combine them..

Preliminary result is the instumental '95 version with just the 2015 vocal. He has definitely gotten a more "jazzy" timing, I like it:

[YouTube Video]
    Loving it