1. Check this out:

and famously:

2. Haven't dared to touch the Beatles (yet) but applause to the guy who did! That second one is Chris Cornell singing metallica's one over U2 chords?
  3. This is the version of the Cash/U2 combo I ended up with by the way. Not sure I have posted it in the other topic, but might as well here:

4. It still sounds surprising and fresh after many listens. So well made The world needs to hear this.
  5. @melon51--you're using Spleeter for the audio deconstruction right? I noticed Spleeter only goes up to 11khz in frequencies, has that been the case for you?
  6. Originally posted by hoserama:@melon51--you're using Spleeter for the audio deconstruction right? I noticed Spleeter only goes up to 11khz in frequencies, has that been the case for you?
    That doesn't come as a surprise and might explain some of the weirdness and artifacts in the separation.
  7. Originally posted by melon51:Haven't dared to touch the Beatles (yet) but applause to the guy who did! That second one is Chris Cornell singing metallica's one over U2 chords?
    Yup, that is it. Highly bootlegged at first then finally officially released.
  8. Originally posted by hoserama:@melon51--you're using Spleeter for the audio deconstruction right? I noticed Spleeter only goes up to 11khz in frequencies, has that been the case for you?
    Yes I do. I think there's an option to go above that, but separation might suffer (is what they say). Haven't tried it yet though

Can't remember exactly what I did with this one. I definitely treated Cash's separated vocal (after tempo adjustment) for this version. He's an octave lower but you'd still want him to sound "present" in the song. Did quite a few things to the backing track as well (Bono's a lot louder than the album version)
  9. Cool.. He was one of my favorite rock vocalists and I wish he would have got some help. This wasn't necessary
  10. Wouldn't say that's because of the separation perse. These Cash cover albums were produced in a kind of maxed-out way (Rick Rubin). Until the drums start Cash's guitar is there as well (in a separate track), so that would eliminate any separation issues for that part..

But yes, sometimes something will stick with the vocal after separation, in the case of Dave Gahan on So Cruel I tried endlessly to get rid of some random keyboard sounds that were thought to be vocals by the "AI-Engine"

I did a version with Cash on the Nine Inch Nails version of "Hurt" 2 months ago where the differences were even harder, forgotten all about that
  11. Yeah I looked into spleeter but backed away due to the 11khz cutoff. I might explore it a bit more for the piano specific extraction. I use Izotope RX7 for the same purpose, which doesn't have the frequency cutoff. It splits into vocals/bass/drums/other.
  12. Originally posted by hoserama:Yeah I looked into spleeter but backed away due to the 11khz cutoff. I might explore it a bit more for the piano specific extraction. I use Izotope RX7 for the same purpose, which doesn't have the frequency cutoff. It splits into vocals/bass/drums/other.
    @hoserama

I searched for this 11Khz cutoff it a little bit just now, sites like Moises offer the option to skip that (apparently at the cost of detail in separation).

My experience is that the vocals come out fine (with a little extra attached to it) but the basic track suffers gets muddy in areas where there is a loud and dense vocal part.

Had that with this version of One, and tried to solve that in many ways but it's still audible. I'm using Ozone, Nectar and Neutron by Izotope at the moment but haven't tried RX7 yet. Would you think that's better than Spleeter at leaving the backing track intact?