1. I posted this in another topic, but probably easier for a separate topic. Upon request of @jimmy93 I tried to combine the '95 and '15 versions of the song. And (again) their timing is different for the '15 version, I presume because there was no percussion in that one.

So (in order to not spend 2 weeks on this one) I just took the vocal, which also took 3 hours to edit in because of tempo and timing differences. His timing seems "jazzier" in the '15 vocal. So when I try to put his vocal "on the note", he'll be too early in a few bits. So that's how I figure out his actual timing to match in the other song.

Anyways, bla bla bla ... Here's a rough first version of a 2015 vocal remix:

2. Thank you, you fullfilled my wish.
    Such a best and great result.
    Perfection.
    I wish I can do this too.
  3. Just listened back to it in full for the 2nd time and I like it a lot actually. His delivery and timing show (to me) how he matured as a singer.

The only downside is that when you take the original vocal out, also a bit of wideness" from the music goes (vocal from the original is a bit less isolated than the 2015 vocal). So this sounds more "muffled" than I'd like it to.

Of course I can try to "fill that gap" by adding a bit of the '15 instrumentation. But looking at how much trouble I had getting the vocal right (timing-wise)...not sure if that's feasible. Plus the added risk of "stuffening the song up"
  4. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Just listened back to it in full for the 2nd time and I like it a lot actually. His delivery and timing show (to me) how he matured as a singer.

The only downside is that when you take the original vocal out, also a bit of wideness" from the music goes (vocal from the original is a bit less isolated than the 2015 vocal). So this sounds more "muffled" than I'd like it to.

Of course I can try to "fill that gap" by adding a bit of the '15 instrumentation. But looking at how much trouble I had getting the vocal right (timing-wise)...not sure if that's feasible. Plus the added risk of "stuffening the song up"
    Okay, when you have time and lust to making, then it i would like to hear this too.