1. Originally posted by James360:[..]
    Yes very worried. The government must be aware but this is the route they are choosing. It is especially concerning for the elderly.
    Only hindsight will tell if they have chosen the correct route.
    Well...if you are forced to stay home.it’s okay it’s hard but we have to
    In your case,it’s harder because if you only decided to stay home from work you would be fired
    Or keeping children home from school because you want,they couldn’t pass the year
    It’s a circle.if you do it your own it’s a risk in terms of law
    What people think of it?
  2. The Virus Tour
  3. Here in Beijing we are slowly coming out of this. Now, there are heavy restrictions on those coming INTO China...

As I'm a teacher at an international school, this has made the future of this academic term particularly concerning. (I've already been teaching online for 6+ weeks, and about to go into delivering final exams via video conferencing / virtual means.)

Health-wise though, things are actually OK.
  4. Originally posted by edlomax:Here in Beijing we are slowly coming out of this. Now, there are heavy restrictions on those coming INTO China...

As I'm a teacher at an international school, this has made the future of this academic term particularly concerning. (I've already been teaching online for 6+ weeks, and about to go into delivering final exams via video conferencing / virtual means.)

Health-wise though, things are actually OK.
    Glad to hear you're OK and that it's slowly recovering.
  5. The worst thing about the virus is it’s pointed out people’s selfish human nature going out and stocking up to ridiculous levels leaving people with not even enough to get a basic weekly shop. Some essential stuff like baby food etc running out, there’s a lot of selfish idiots out there. I was lucky enough to get my weeks worth of shopping in just before it really got bad and I’ve been self isolating since Friday after showing certain symptoms. I’m not feeling too poorly but don’t want to be responsible for passing it on to someone who maybe can’t handle it. I suspect here in the uk we’re closer than we realise to a lock down.
  6. Hope everyone is fine. In Greece, almost since the beginning of March schools & universities have been closed, because we wanted to take action before something big happens. Turns out we were right, because the cases have been exponentially increasing and they don't seem to stop. These numbers will only keep going up, which is why today it was also decided that everything will shut down with the exception of pharmacies & super markets. Also, everyone should be in quarantine & not going on walks taking advantage of "free time", but a lot of people do not even seem to bother, which is why the government announced there will be a fine of 5000 euros to whoever shows 'anti-social behavior or goes against any of the proposed measures'. Stay safe everybody.
  7. Just seemed to be a mild thing on the news/tv etc at the turn of the year.Then end of January I took more note when the UK government allowed British citizens to come from Wuhan and stay in my local hospital on the Wirral,Arrowe Park to self isolate for 14 days.I still say this but why not keep them in Wuhan,is this not how it potentially spreads? They all were negative btw and then more came from a cruise ship docked in Japan.The nurses were kicked out of their accommodation block while it was used for them.So this virus could potentially have been in the air so close to home.Still could.And am I led to believe that the hospital built in 10 days in Wuhan is not being used?

It’s scary and feels like one big movie set.It’s a marathon this not a sprint,so this 3 to 4 weeks closures will come more frequently this year I feel.Just stay safe & heed the government advice wherever you live would be my message.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:The worst thing about the virus is it’s pointed out people’s selfish human nature going out and stocking up to ridiculous levels leaving people with not even enough to get a basic weekly shop. Some essential stuff like baby food etc running out, there’s a lot of selfish idiots out there. I was lucky enough to get my weeks worth of shopping in just before it really got bad and I’ve been self isolating since Friday after showing certain symptoms. I’m not feeling too poorly but don’t want to be responsible for passing it on to someone who maybe can’t handle it. I suspect here in the uk we’re closer than we realise to a lock down.
    Look after yourself man,it’ll pass
  9. In New Zealand there was someone with the virus in the GA area at a Tool concert. Not sure if many people were infected around him.

In the UK there will be a big jump in cases any of these days, just like what has happened in some countries in Europe. The number is always higher than confirmed anyway.
  10. Where I am in Scotland (in the Outer Hebrides) there are no cases as of yet. I’m worried about it coming up here because it’s a small island and of course every second person could get infected with it.

Anticipating a nation wide lockdown very soon. Hopefully wherever you are in the world you are safe.

Apologies for getting political but it’s scary that our “leaders” and the government are happy to wait for more people to die before taking any form of action. Their strategy so far has been beyond pathetic. It’ll only get worse before it gets better.