1. Aberdeen in a mini lockdown, cause of a spike in the pubs in town, over 4 months isolating just got ruined in a weekend by some selfish idiots who needed to get pished and ignore social distancing.
  2. This is very worrisome: A study showed that 78% of recovered COVID patients suffered heart damage (muscle inflammation), even if they were asymptomatic. So it's not "just like the flu", it's not "the sniffles", it's a very real threat that can affect anyone. Young people, healthy people, it doesn't matter. Don't become a vector of infection. Wear a mask, practice social distancing, wash your hands. Your stupid karaoke party can wait.
    Here the first wave of the pandemic never ended. Me and my family can't go anywhere since March because all these stupid people can't even do the minimum to contain the virus. Some schools reopened this week. The halls, cafeteria, classrooms are crowded and teenagers let alone kids don't wear masks. Lo and behold, some classrooms have already been quarantined after kids and teenagers have tested positive. It only took 1 day for that to happen.
    I just want to scream from the rooftops seeing how badly they botched the response to the virus.
  3. Holy shit guys, we unlocked the final boss!

4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:This is very worrisome: A study showed that 78% of recovered COVID patients suffered heart damage (muscle inflammation), even if they were asymptomatic. So it's not "just like the flu", it's not "the sniffles", it's a very real threat that can affect anyone. Young people, healthy people, it doesn't matter. Don't become a vector of infection. Wear a mask, practice social distancing, wash your hands. Your stupid karaoke party can wait.
    Here the first wave of the pandemic never ended. Me and my family can't go anywhere since March because all these stupid people can't even do the minimum to contain the virus. Some schools reopened this week. The halls, cafeteria, classrooms are crowded and teenagers let alone kids don't wear masks. Lo and behold, some classrooms have already been quarantined after kids and teenagers have tested positive. It only took 1 day for that to happen.
    I just want to scream from the rooftops seeing how badly they botched the response to the virus.
    Have to add that this was 1 study, and it used 100 (ex)patients. Still not good news, but also no guarantee that 78% of all patients will suffer from heart damage.

In holland it's been under control for a while. After loosening our measures (and behaviour) there is a slight growth with local spikes. I think we mostly got lucky and our "intelligent lockdown" worked well enough..
  5. "Local lockdown" here, not really surprising
  6. Hopefully you’re doing well with everything going on. As long as we’re careful we’ll be okay .
  7. Same here since a couple of weeks ago. The "second wave" has happened way before what everyone expected and also people's observance of measurements has been more loose since mid Summer, so it's all coming back in an unsurprising way.
  8. In my province cases have gone up 4X in the last month. From 100 to 400+.
  9. A mini lockdown is expected to be announced for the UK tomorrow
  10. ouch...that sucks
  11. We're quickly approaching cooler weather and winter in the US, and many areas are experiencing spikes in cases, including where I'm at. The flu plus Covid will jam our hospitals... not looking pretty