1. 313 new cases in my home province (ontario)
  2. May not be appropriate forum but when do you all think we will see arena concerts or stadium concerts again? Not just from U2 but any big band. The Killers and Pearl Jam have shows scheduled in Europe next summer. Any thoughts if they will occur as scheduled?
  3. Who knows.

Let’s see if football with fans in large numbers gets going first
  4. with a new wave sweeping by, i doubt it will happen but i dont know
  5. Originally posted by LostSailor:May not be appropriate forum but when do you all think we will see arena concerts or stadium concerts again? Not just from U2 but any big band. The Killers and Pearl Jam have shows scheduled in Europe next summer. Any thoughts if they will occur as scheduled?
    2022, realistically. Possibly 2nd half of 2021 sometime, but I’m not holding my breath.
  6. Auckland had 3 new cases today, rest of New Zealand covid-free, so concerts and crowds at sports all allowed again
  7. Perfect timing for Zoo TV 30 /s
  8. Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Even without covid, I think the plan for U2 was always to not tour in 2020-21. Hopefully they have been able to work on new music together!

I do feel bad for all these bands/artists who had tours postponed into 2021. I just don’t see it happening, especially not in the US. As stated above, places like New Zealand and Australia will be able to go back to normal long before we will in the US. And I don’t feel that it’s all Trump’s fault. We’re just a big country with a big population, and we aren’t like China where our government can just shut us down and lock us up for whatever length of time.

It’s too much, I’m really getting burnt out. I just check the numbers for Ohio occasionally, wear my mask when necessary, and go about my life. I feel lucky to not have missed a day of work since this pandemic began. My kids are back in school and doing ok with masks, but we’re taking it one day at a time.
  9. While the daily number of new cases is in the teens or single digits here in Australia I suspect we won't get to see any big tours from USA or Europe based bands until the second half of 2021 or later. Promoters, artists and crew won't be prepared to do 14 days quarantine before a tour can begin and, with numbers still much higher overseas, the local government will continue to take a cautious approach for some time.

On a positive note, that may mean more opportunities for local artists to tour and perform. I saw my first intimate and Covid-safe gig last week - a crowd of only 25, which gives me hope that more live music can move off the internet and back into venues in the coming months.
  10. My wife and I went out for our anniversary recently. It was outdoors, everyone was distanced very well, the o my person we came within 10 feet of was our waiter. There was a band playing. Even though they were just a cover band of middle aged guys playing all the usual bar band numbers, it still was great to feel the energy of a live band again! I miss that probably more than anything.