1. He currently holds the majority of the House. As for public pressure, with the pandemic being so bad, the only people on the streets right now are actually his supporters (about 1/4 of the country still supports him, don't ask me how), who also happen to be crazy negationists who protest against the use of masks, vaccines and anything that makes any sense. There's not much hope tbh, there's maybe a chance of him not being reelected next year, let's see.
  2. Originally posted by marianarielli:Well, I’m Brazilian and we already have many things to be depressed about without COVID. But in regards to that, last week the country found out that Pfizer expected to make Brazil a “showcase” of its vaccine and presented the federal government with 3 concrete proposals in August 2020, which meant that, had negotiations gone like they went in other countries, we could have started vaccinating the same week the US and the UK did. Instead, Bolsonaro chose to literally ignore Pfizer for SIX MONTHS while people were dying waiting for a place in ICU. At the same time the government was using public funds to support the use of “treatments” that have no scientific basis. The result is we are nearing 500.000 deaths and less than 15% of the population is fully vaccinated. Being 25 and (mostly) healthy, I don’t expect to get a shot for at least 10 months. It’s kinda painful seeing normal countries who are not run by literal psycopaths being able to slowly open things up :/

Absolutely criminal that the actions of some leaders can have such devastating effects. Was quite thankful when Trump left the White House. Bolsonaro should be tried and locked up when all is said and done. The thought that you may be waiting ten months to get vaccinated is appalling. Hopefully, somehow, things start to calm down and infection rates start to fall. It's surreal here in the US with the CDC saying that under several circumstances vaccinated people can go unmasked. Surreal when so many around the world have it way rougher than we did. But, again, it could have been better here if those in "leadership" hadn't been peddling lies and conspiracy theories. That's why we'll probably never reach herd immunity
  3. it's a fine day in Dublin when the TEMPLE BAR is open for outside pints!!!!
    Long time coming since the covid shutdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. I tested positive for Covid-19 this morning.

So fucking ironic to catch it when the infection rate is reaching an all time low in most parts of the Western world. Luckily I don't (seem to) have any respiratory symptoms, only high fever, fatigue and the ocassional cough... But nothing is discarded with this bitch of a virus. It also seems I infected the guitar player of my band on our Saturday rehearsal, so I'm also feeling guilty Shit.
  5. Hoping for a speedy recovery, Sergio.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:I tested positive for Covid-19 this morning.

[image]

So fucking ironic to catch it when the infection rate is reaching an all time low in most parts of the Western world. Luckily I don't (seem to) have any respiratory symptoms, only high fever, fatigue and the ocassional cough... But nothing is discarded with this bitch of a virus. It also seems I infected the guitar player of my band on our Saturday rehearsal, so I'm also feeling guilty Shit.
    thumbs up and a good and quick recovery the both of you
  7. Wish you light process with no complications and get well soon @LikeASong
  8. Get well soon Sergio!! You’ll be fine in no time, with antibodies too!
  9. Thanks all, mates. All I'm hoping is that I didn't pass it on to my girl
  10. All the best Sergio!
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:I tested positive for Covid-19 this morning.

[image]

Get well soon, lad.
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:I tested positive for Covid-19 this morning.

[image]

get well soon