1. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    We have hit a wall on testing and are only testing those exposed or showing symptoms. No surprise we are over 50% on positive tests. Hospitalizations are rising here and they’ve just announced today they are hitting their limit at hospitals and will be turning away anyone except immediate emergencies (still a bit lower than the previous peak though). Far worse here than at any point during the pandemic so far. Yes hospitalizations may be less as a percentage, but so many more are catching this one it’s still ended up in the same spot. On a personal note they’ve stopped doing routine testing for chronic diseases as well. Means a whole bunch of us who are diabetics and require some guidance to control our disease are now not able to get blood work done. Hitting others hard as well with other issues.

And we are still being held up as doing things well, handling all this better than the rest of the country. We’ve just reached out for military support with testing. So still feeling pretty good about being where I am if I have to go through this.
    So many are getting it that the general less severe nature of Omicron is becoming a moot point. Hang in there
  2. Yeah I genuinely think this might be it,by all accounts the scientific community seem to be pointing toward Delta being swallowed up by Omicron,next positive step for us is the next variant being less severe again,here in the UK talk now of lifting restrictions and we're still in January (the so-called rough period), hospitalisation as low as July and case numbers falling.
  3. Things there are sounding encouraging over there.. good thing you're not in the US- it's a shitshow. Speaking of which, my son and I both caught it last week. Good times
  4. Originally posted by bonoschild:Things there are sounding encouraging over there.. good thing you're not in the US- it's a shitshow. Speaking of which, my son and I both caught it last week. Good times
    Ah crap sorry to hear that,hope you are both ok, vaccination rates here a high which is helping alot,it was everywhere around Christmas but we've peaked and on the other side of it, everyone I know who's had it recently describes it as like a heavy cold/flu.
  5. Originally posted by kezman:[..]
    Ah crap sorry to hear that,hope you are both ok, vaccination rates here a high which is helping alot,it was everywhere around Christmas but we've peaked and on the other side of it, everyone I know who's had it recently describes it as like a heavy cold/flu.
    Thank you!! Yeah just like a bad cold so far, hopefully that's the worst of it