1. Originally posted by melon51:Nice, would like to hear those

I just started using Ozone for mastering and I love it so far. The mixes I did so far weren't mastered in any way. Yesterday I did the first mastering attempt for the Depeche/U2 So Cruel combo.

There's many "flavours" possible for this song, I'll share a few here and see what people prefer. First result of yesterday is a Heavy Drum/Bass version, I pushed Adam/Larry to the max I could

[YouTube Video]

I'm also looking at a more "floating/dreamy" approach, which would make it more the Bono/Dave show. Will post here when ready..
    The flat point is still the robotic/metallic/younameit sound on the isolated vocals, but there's so much you can do without having the original stems It still blows my mind. What a mix
  2. @likeasong I have 2 alternative Masters ready, I'll post them in a minute, curious to see what you/others think. There is actually a lot possible in Ozone, I could defo smoothen out the vocals out but everything has to be kept in some kind of balance.

I'm a huge fan of Larry/Adam on So Cruel so first mixes tend to lean towards making them shine. And when listening back I then think how great the vocals actually are, and they should be more present and leading...
  3. Ok, so here's 2 new Master versions. Yesterday's version was primarily boosting Adam/Larry but the rest sounded a bit "stuck on top". So I did a few attempts with focus on the vocals/strings/other things I could enhance.

Version 1:

Focused on rich vocals with an extra punchy Larry. This track still sounds "spread" but more together than yesterday's "Drum 'n Bass" version

Version 2:

This focuses on the Bass as leading track and with added presence for the vocals. This definitely sounds more like a "song" but lacks some wide spread version 1 has.

I'm listening through Sony WF-1000xm3 mostly, but sometimes through old wired earbuds as reference by the way.. Curious what you guys think is the best.

4. added a couple of pop rock style drum sounds, 8 beat sounds, an echo piano and a guitar on the chorus, trap sounds at first, a rather strange version right?
  5. Originally posted by Damonio123:[..]

added a couple of pop rock style drum sounds, 8 beat sounds, an echo piano and a guitar on the chorus, trap sounds at first, a rather strange version right?
    Well interesting yes. Sort of shows how you hear it or want it to sound..?
  6. Ok, so for a bit of humour.. Had this idea of "mumble" today so quickly redid an older Numb vs Down all the days combination:

7. As I really hear it, I just finished with Little Things
  8. Thanks. This new mastering software I'm using is great actually. I can now "remaster" old little projects to make them sound better and then get on with new ideas.
  9. @LikeASong @snortier Then your new favourite will be this one I put the 32bit WAV file of that mix with a background pic in iMovie, and exported a ProRes file of 1,7GB that I uploaded to Youtube.

Youtube compresses a lot, but work-around lossless audio upload does make a huge difference I think. So this is the final/def/superdef/finalfinal/lastversion for now

10. Nine inch Nails - Zoo Station with Bono (and a lil Edge) appearing alongside Trent Reznor.

This was an earlier project of which I re-did the mix with mastering software. It's simple but I think it sounds fun: