1. Haha.. If I'm honest Lemon is a bit of a stretch.. I stumbled upon idea 2 months ago while going through disc 4-7 of the Salome outtakes (don't know why someone would torture themselves with that ) And I found a (UV) bass/drum part that reminded me of the Lemon chord progression.

All the other bits were a very natural fit, but the Lemon part I had to change in pitch and tempo. So it might be fantasy, but it's kind of a cool surprise
  2. @LikeASong talked about Gavin Friday's 2011 cover version of The Fly, so I tried a Mix today to see how Bono's AB vocals would sit on this track.

This is a real quick first test see how he sounds, not a "finished" remix. Not sure myself if it would be worth to create a proper version of. Although very loud, it still sounds "flat", also with Bono on it.. :

3. Originally posted by melon51:@LikeASong talked about Gavin Friday's 2011 cover version of The Fly, so I tried a Mix today to see how Bono's AB vocals would sit on this track.

This is a real quick first test see how he sounds, not a "finished" remix. Not sure myself if it would be worth to create a proper version of. Although very loud, it still sounds "flat", also with Bono on it.. :

[YouTube Video]
    I like this A LOT, I think it's an incredible mix, but the separation algorithm didn't quite deliver here What a shame.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I like this A LOT, I think it's an incredible mix, but the separation algorithm didn't quite deliver here What a shame.
    I'm not sure if it's the separation. At the end I left Gavin in (on purpose) together with Bono's falsetto. For the rest of the song he's pretty much gone.

The bigger issue is that Gavin's track is increadibly loud/electronic and Bono's separated track isn't as loud. But.. that's distorted anyway, so I can see if I can "up" him more in the loud parts. Had to do the same thing with Garbage, but when I made that I litterally treaded every audio production rule. Think I used a dark reverb for the verses and a bright one for the chorus, but pushed him way over the 0Db line.

I'll try and see what I can do, but now working to fix another mix, which needs a bit of a miracle to get it to work..
  5. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    I'm not sure if it's the separation. At the end I left Gavin in (on purpose) together with Bono's falsetto. For the rest of the song he's pretty much gone.

The bigger issue is that Gavin's track is increadibly loud/electronic and Bono's separated track isn't as loud. But.. that's distorted anyway, so I can see if I can "up" him more in the loud parts. Had to do the same thing with Garbage, but when I made that I litterally treaded every audio production rule. Think I used a dark reverb for the verses and a bright one for the chorus, but pushed him way over the 0Db line.

I'll try and see what I can do, but now working to fix another mix, which needs a bit of a miracle to get it to work..
    Miracles happen! I hope you get that fixed
  6. Here's one I did earlier (although perspective of time changes rapidly), guess it was a month ago.

It's sort of an attempt to grab all early versions/bits of Zoo Station together and trying to glue them together. So this is built from a bit from the "Sky down" doc, which then blends in with Brian Eno's "Bottoms" instrumental version with guitar/vocals from the "Baby" version mixed in. The "Bottoms" Eno version was apparently an early proposal for a direction of the song in late spring '91.

7. Ok, here's first attempt at a remix between Miracle Drug and Fix You.. #dontbash #itwasanidea #juststarted #amateur

8. Apart from the remixes I'm also trying out various remastering software at the moment. I tried to give Streets and Red Flag Day a heavy Drum/Bass treatment in Ozone 9. I love Streets especially, very danceable..

9. Haha, how could Bono let that 'Wanker' take the mic right away? Gotta say he makes up for it from the 2nd verse onwards though..