1. As most of us are isolating at the moment I've been doing a few mixes for my youtube channel. This is my latest one, been waiting for years to get my hands on WGRYWH and Acrobat to make up this mix.
    So this is U2 performing all of the songs from Achtung Baby album at various gigs over the years. As So Cruel has only ever been four times (according to google), back in '92 it was never been recorded officially. So I've taken the Bono Hansa Studio version and mixed in to sound as he sings it during a gig in front of a real crowd.
    Where needed I've made a few edits on some of the songs.
    Also I tried to give the first part of this audio the same vibe as ZOOtv. For me personally one of my highlights of seeing U2 rip through those songs back in '92. I remember just standing there taking it all in and watching this new type of show that would change touring forever.
    I also wanted to make it more of a 90's heavy playlist. So there's no BD or Elevation to contend with.

Everyone stay safe and stay strong.
    Enjoy.

2. Originally posted by jheath:As most of us are isolating at the moment I've been doing a few mixes for my youtube channel. This is my latest one, been waiting for years to get my hands on WGRYWH and Acrobat to make up this mix.
    So this is U2 performing all of the songs from Achtung Baby album at various gigs over the years. As So Cruel has only ever been four times (according to google), back in '92 it was never been recorded officially. So I've taken the Bono Hansa Studio version and mixed in to sound as he sings it during a gig in front of a real crowd.
    Also I tried to give the first part of this audio the same vibe as ZOOtv. For me personally one of my highlights of seeing U2 rip through those songs back in '92. I remember just standing there taking it all in and watching this new type of show that would change touring forever.
    I also wanted to make it more of a 90's heavy playlist. So there's no BD or Elevation to contend with.

Enjoy.

[YouTube Video]
    I will listen later but for now let me tell you that I like this setlist a lot except for MOS and Unknown Caller which stand out as a sore thumb there Just kidding. It'll be refreshing to hear some newer stuff mixed in. Do you have a list of which show has each song been taken from?
  3. I think I have narrowed it down (for the AB songs only, haven't listened to the rest yet).

Zoo Station and The Fly are from Berlin 2018, Even Better Than The Real Thing is unmistakably from Dublin 93 (and I'd say the intro before it has been taken from the Cameos & Interference thingy?), Mysterious Ways and One are from Slane 2001, So Cruel is from Hansa, Tryin' is from Dublin 93, then Ultraviolet is from U22 (aka Coimbra 2010), Acrobat is obviously from Berlin 2018... But for all the money in the world I swear I just CAN'T tell where Love Is Blindness comes from. It's not Dublin, it's not Sydney, it's not Stockholm or Rotterdam, it's not any of the Wembley nights nor Basel nor Adelaide... What the !?!?!??!

By the way Zoo Station got me really puzzled because it's so well mixed with the Could Have Lost You intro and because the band performed these Zoo songs REALLY WELL in 2018, they really nailed the tones and feeling of the originals. Even Bono channelled his '93 self (the distortion in Zoo Station's and The Fly's vocals obviously contributes to that, though).
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:I think I have narrowed it down (for the AB songs only, haven't listened to the rest yet).

Zoo Station and The Fly are from Berlin 2018, Even Better Than The Real Thing is unmistakably from Dublin 93 (and I'd say the intro before it has been taken from the Cameos & Interference thingy?), Mysterious Ways and One are from Slane 2001, So Cruel is from Hansa, Tryin' is from Dublin 93, then Ultraviolet is from U22 (aka Coimbra 2010), Acrobat is obviously from Berlin 2018... But for all the money in the world I swear I just CAN'T tell where Love Is Blindness comes from. It's not Dublin, it's not Sydney, it's not Stockholm or Rotterdam, it's not any of the Wembley nights nor Basel nor Adelaide... What the !?!?!??!

By the way Zoo Station got me really puzzled because it's so well mixed with the Could Have Lost You intro and because the band performed these Zoo songs REALLY WELL in 2018, they really nailed the tones and feeling of the originals. Even Bono channelled his '93 self (the distortion in Zoo Station's and The Fly's vocals obviously contributes to that, though).
    I think Love is blindness is from Yankee Stadium 30 august 1992. Released as B-side of Stay faraway so close Live Format
  5. Yeah, it's probably New York 1992 from the Stay single.
  6. Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh I knew some soundboard recording was slipping under my radar. NY 8/30, that's it! Thanks a lot.
  7. You're welcome 👍
  8. Really impressed by the effort put in. Sounds seamless and totally blown away, JHeath. Thanks so much!!!!
  9. Originally posted by jheath:As most of us are isolating at the moment I've been doing a few mixes for my youtube channel. This is my latest one, been waiting for years to get my hands on WGRYWH and Acrobat to make up this mix.

Enjoy.

[YouTube Video]
    great job !
    do you have mp3 link to download?
  10. Originally posted by jheath:As most of us are isolating at the moment I've been doing a few mixes for my youtube channel. This is my latest one, been waiting for years to get my hands on WGRYWH and Acrobat to make up this mix.

Enjoy.

[YouTube Video]
    Nice Little Mix, was going to do something like this myself with Achtung Baby, particularly like HMTMKMKM into Mofo, works well. thanks for your efforts, Keep Safe!!
  11. Thanks everyone for your comments. You're both right and spot on with your observations, well done.
  12. Outstanding job, I love the mix!

Enjoying the seamless segues a lot. Also, projects like this just keep cementing the fact U2 in the 90's is where it's at. I can't get enough of Achtung Baby-Zooropa-Pop, and specially live.

Thank you!