1. Absolutely no respect here. Somebody bought a ticket and sacrificed their enjoyment of the show to record that. Please upload your own recordings if you have better, let’s all hear it. You wonder why tapers ‘hoard’ their recordings?
  2. Originally posted by iTim:Absolutely no respect here. Somebody bought a ticket and sacrificed their enjoyment of the show to record that. Please upload your own recordings if you have better, let’s all hear it. You wonder why tapers ‘hoard’ their recordings?
    Sorry! I just think it would sound better on vinyl. Everything does.

Anyway -off topic-
  3. Originally posted by iTim:Absolutely no respect here. Somebody bought a ticket and sacrificed their enjoyment of the show to record that. Please upload your own recordings if you have better, let’s all hear it. You wonder why tapers ‘hoard’ their recordings?
    "sacrificed their enjoyment" , you're assuming that this gig in Edinburgh was "enjoyable" but how can you possibly know? Not via tihs recording for sure. You're assuming way too much.
  4. We could press the audio from this youtube video to vinyl.

Maybe even throw some Glasgow2 songs in there as bonus, after all it's the best show ever and it would close the circle nicely.

5. I'm defintely not sitting through that haha. One show down, about 30 more to go!
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:I think my own review of the gig gives you an idea: "It sounds like the microphone was enclosed in a plastic bag that was then placed at the bottom of a water bucket and hid underneath a couple of thick blankets that were then placed in a house across the street from Edinburgh's Nite Club... 1 star is being generous."

You can't expect much from 40 years ago.
  7. Yes you can, there are much better audience recordings out there, even older than that.
  8. Hello everyone! I've been making good progress on my reviews, and I just finished up one on another 'hidden gem' of sorts. It's this show - https://u2start.com/shows/344/#!general - even though it's incomplete the audio sounds great and the perforance is stellar. Highly recommend for any Boy fan, it seems like this show kinda flew under the radar! Have a great rest of your weekend everyone.
  9. Originally posted by TheOcean81:Hello everyone! I've been making good progress on my reviews, and I just finished up one on another 'hidden gem' of sorts. It's this show - https://u2start.com/shows/344/#!general - even though it's incomplete the audio sounds great and the perforance is stellar. Highly recommend for any Boy fan, it seems like this show kinda flew under the radar! Have a great rest of your weekend everyone.
    Definitely not among the most known bootlegs from that era - I don't recall listening to it. Thanks for the suggestion!