1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Very hard to make because Bono mumbles the lyrics for almost half of the song, so it's really hard to separate them from the music background.
    Have you tried that one before?
  2. Yep, it's one of my fav U2 songs and one of the firsts that I tried to separate on Moises when we discovered it some time back. We even talked about it

Originally posted by LikeASong:I've separated the St Francis Hotel Remix of New Year's Day and a few other songs I had lying around my computer desktop and, well, this is freaking amazing. It works surprisingly well (more for making instrumentals rather than acapellas, which are a bit less brilliantly separated - but still much better than I expected).
    Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Also depends on the song a bit I think. With Wowy they were quite well seperated, with Uteotw not very. Guess that's because with the latter the vocals are more in the mix instead of on top of it?
    Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Absolutely, a lot depends on the mixing and also on the vocal range. I've tried separating Velvet Dress and, oh man, what a mess Bono's range is so low and with a lot of humming, etc. the software was virtually unable to distinguish what was vocals and what was music (let alone backing vocals!), it's messed all around But overall I'm really, REALLY surprised with how well this works. I'm going to be using their service a lot for learning guitar parts and practicing my own vocals. They might just ban my IP because of excessive bandwith usage lol
  3. Yeah, that one might work better. What an incredible version it is btw!!

(video by our very own @BelgianBono!)

4. I'm trying velvet dress now. I ran it through the AI tool for separation. In the first half the vocals are gone, but the "humming" is still a bit there. In Audacity there's a separate vocal reduction/isolation tool which will also take the humming out. I just tried it it and it works 90%

The problem (primarily in the first part) is that after that there's not much left in general The second step I took also takes half of the accoustic guitar out.

I'll try and see if I can quickly run the result through Ozone to try and "pump" it back up, but it's not the "audiophile approach" I'm afraid
  5. At the time (17-18) I thought it was a masterpiece... The innocene
  6. Magnificent work, Glenn.
  7. OMG Glenn is back!