1992-06-11 - Stockholm
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 7
Videos: 1
  1. That’s because we both know the correct answer.

Btw at the top of the thread the wrong show has been listed and on the blue bit that says ‘zoo tv from Stockholm June 1992’ it takes you to the wrong show as well.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That’s because we both know the correct answer.

Btw at the top of the thread the wrong show has been listed and on the blue bit that says ‘zoo tv from Stockholm June 1992’ it takes you to the wrong show as well.
    Right, we will broadcast the 2nd ZooTv Stockholm show, not the 1st one. Fixed now, thanks.

3. Looking forward to the broadcast tomorrow. Two days later I saw the show in Kiel / the Ostseehalle, the smallest Arena of that whole tour. My picture is posted on U2Start.com and is also shown on Wikipedia. Great memories. Let's go back to those days !
  4. From Willie William's diary:"Well tonight was the one. It was the night that I stopped during the gig and thought to myself "This is the high point on my career". The entire gig from the Globe in Stockholm was broadcast live to just one person's house - that of Mr John Harris of Nottingham, England. He won an MTV competition, so got the private broadcast. His small living room was piled high with TV's and of course everybody from the whole street was in there. There was also a camera at their end, sending pictures back to us, so at various points during the show, the living room in Nottingham would appear on the stage video walls. Bono would break to speak to them and they would reply of course. Of course by 10pm everyone at the Nottingham end was blind drunk, which made it all the more entertaining. Technologically it was flawless too, which was pretty astounding. So later on, Benny and Bjorn - the guys from ABBA - appear. We have U2 and ABBA performing 'Dancing Queen' beneath the mirrorball trabant, being broadcast live from a giant spherical building in Sweden to one terraced house in Nottingham. I rest my case."

It's basically Zoo TV in a nutshell.
  5. Originally posted by jeroenpolman:[image]
    Looking forward to the broadcast tomorrow. Two days later I saw the show in Kiel / the Ostseehalle, the smallest Arena of that whole tour. My picture is posted on U2Start.com and is also shown on Wikipedia. Great memories. Let's go back to those days !
    Wow, great picture Kiel is also one of my favorites, so jealous you were there. Man they really were on fire that couple of months. In fact I celebrated both shows together on their 20th anniversary, read here for more Kiel praise Twenty years ago - Stockholm+Kiel 1992
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    From Willie William's diary:"Well tonight was the one. It was the night that I stopped during the gig and thought to myself "This is the high point on my career". The entire gig from the Globe in Stockholm was broadcast live to just one person's house - that of Mr John Harris of Nottingham, England. He won an MTV competition, so got the private broadcast. His small living room was piled high with TV's and of course everybody from the whole street was in there. There was also a camera at their end, sending pictures back to us, so at various points during the show, the living room in Nottingham would appear on the stage video walls. Bono would break to speak to them and they would reply of course. Of course by 10pm everyone at the Nottingham end was blind drunk, which made it all the more entertaining. Technologically it was flawless too, which was pretty astounding. So later on, Benny and Bjorn - the guys from ABBA - appear. We have U2 and ABBA performing 'Dancing Queen' beneath the mirrorball trabant, being broadcast live from a giant spherical building in Sweden to one terraced house in Nottingham. I rest my case."

It's basically Zoo TV in a nutshell.
    not really.. it's what Zoo TV potentially could be, but 98% of the shows were not like this. Bono often said, we 'could be all over the world, but tonight is a private party', which always got a massive cheer. Maybe from Willie's point of view Stockholm was Zoo TV in a nutshell, but for most fans it was just about great music and the visual spectacle. For me these conversations with some drunk people were always quite annoying. Apart from that it's a great recording and one of those '92 shows that were easy to get back then, so maybe that's why this one is so popular (maybe also because of the pro shot video). But I think these days there are better (or more interesting) Zoo TV recordings available.
  7. Great to read "Twenty years ago -Stockholm + Kiel." I see this forum topic for the fist time. In 1992, I was planning to go to Rotterdam but unfortunately tickets were sold out very quickly. Therefore I went to Germany. Nine days earlier I attended the show in Dortmund (june 4th) but Kiel was extraordinary! Never to forget. Enjoy the broadcast tomorrow!
  8. Originally posted by jeroenpolman:[image]
    Looking forward to the broadcast tomorrow. Two days later I saw the show in Kiel / the Ostseehalle, the smallest Arena of that whole tour. My picture is posted on U2Start.com and is also shown on Wikipedia. Great memories. Let's go back to those days !
    amazing
  9. Originally posted by jeroenpolman:[..]
    Great to read "Twenty years ago -Stockholm + Kiel." I see this forum topic for the fist time. In 1992, I was planning to go to Rotterdam but unfortunately tickets were sold out very quickly. Therefore I went to Germany. Nine days earlier I attended the show in Dortmund (june 4th) but Kiel was extraordinary! Never to forget. Enjoy the broadcast tomorrow!
    I remember hearing a radio announcement at noon, that presale would start right away? And Ahoy could probably take 10-12K people so demand was way bigger than that
  10. We have to postpone this to a later date. Keep an eye on our social channels for a new date soon. Your patience will be rewarded! 🥰
  11. There goes my Saturday night