1. Originally posted by TheOcean81:Here's my dream release! It definitely won't happen, and it took me a long time, but let me know what you guys think! As a Boy Tour reviewer on u2start, I feel that these tracks deserve to be released. I've italicized previously unreleased tracks in this list. Let me know what you think!
    (...)
    Of course, this would be a very polished box set with many never before seen photos and insights on the songs.

Thanks for reading!
    We can only wish!
  2. I completely agree that Boy deserves a "mega" release like the one stated a couple of posts ago. It's a great album (maybe just maybe their third best as I feel it's more consistent than War and TUF...those ones have higher highs but lower lows) with lots of interesting b-sides and outtakes to go with it. Those two shows would also be great to have in their entirety.
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:I completely agree that Boy deserves a "mega" release like the one stated a couple of posts ago. It's a great album (maybe just maybe their third best as I feel it's more consistent than War and TUF...those ones have higher higher but lower lows) with lots of interesting b-sides and outtakes to go with it. Those two shows would also be great to have in their entirety.
    Agreed on Boy being better than War and TUF...... and maybe even better to everything else apart from AB, Pop, TJT and R&H, if you consider they were only 19-20 years old when they put out Boy. It's an impressive debut, so cohesive and relevant. The fact that 3 of its songs get regularly played in their gigs 30-40 years later speaks for itself, and no other album from the 80s (apart from TJT obviously) can say as much.
  4. It really is a very strong album, there’s never been a question for me it’s the best of there early stuff. Easily 2nd behind TJT for there 80’s work imo. I feel like this is a good opportunity for me to start listening to it even more though as similar to SOI it seems to sound better with every listen.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:It really is a very strong album, there’s never been a question for me it’s the best of there early stuff. Easily 2nd behind TJT for there 80’s work imo. I feel like this is a good opportunity for me to start listening to it even more though as similar to SOI it seems to sound better with every listen.

Yes, definitely listen to it more! It’s quite the album
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:It really is a very strong album, there’s never been a question for me it’s the best of there early stuff. Easily 2nd behind TJT for there 80’s work imo. I feel like this is a good opportunity for me to start listening to it even more though as similar to SOI it seems to sound better with every listen.

Yes, definitely listen to it more! It’s quite the album
  7. Boy is still my favorite of their albums. There is a sound quality to it nothing else has. War comes close to it, but not quite. It's not just Steve Lillywhite's production, though his influencer is obvious. I'm hoping to get the new RSD pressing of it. It would be great if they did something live on line to commemorate it, since a live show is pretty much out during the pandemic.
  8. Boy is still one of their best albums and pretty dam impressive for 18-19 year old youngsters. I only hope the band remembers there are other songs besides IWF and OOC in the album that can also fire up the crowd.