1. 2 album shows in a row would be to predictable.
  2. Originally posted by superchuk5:[..]
    Everything but IEM, but if IEM doesn't have that robo-metronome it's great

I listened to Cleveland; great sounding leg 1 gig with the standard set from that time (would have liked a Pop song but what can ya do).

2001-5-15 in Chicago
    2001-3-24 in Miami
    ...2 of my favorites and both have songs from Pop.
  3. Can I just say that 2001-05-16 Chicago show is absolutely exceptional in every way. Not only is the audio great, but they turn the set upside down. Wonderful stuff.
  4. Originally posted by KieranU2:Can I just say that 2001-05-16 Chicago show is absolutely exceptional in every way. Not only is the audio great, but they turn the set upside down. Wonderful stuff.
    A thousand times yes to this. Possibly my fav Elevation bootleg (as in performance+sound quality+setlist, all together).
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    A thousand times yes to this. Possibly my fav Elevation bootleg (as in performance+sound quality+setlist, all together).
    My favourite too. Elevation just blows the place to bits, but The Fly second is just next level.
  6. Do you think they just woke up that morning and thought "let's play Zoo TV tonight"? I can't think of any other time when they've harked back like that (360 2011 notwithstanding - and that wasn't ever the exact order or that number of songs in a row...)
  7. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:Do you think they just woke up that morning and thought "let's play Zoo TV tonight"? I can't think of any other time when they've harked back like that (360 2011 notwithstanding - and that wasn't ever the exact order or that number of songs in a row...)
    Probably mid-tour boredom as well, playing the same arena four nights on the trot. I think that enables them to explore more, being settled in the same city for a week. But yeah, maybe you're right. Even the last Boston show they played Pride second in the set after Elevation then did a bit of ZooTV.
  8. Originally posted by KieranU2:Can I just say that 2001-05-16 Chicago show is absolutely exceptional in every way. Not only is the audio great, but they turn the set upside down. Wonderful stuff.
    Maybe that will be the live disc.
  9. Is that Chicago show the only time they changed the setlist up that much in that tour?
  10. One of the few, final Boston show is another example.
  11. The only locations on leg 1 with 4 shows, must have wanted to surprise the regular attendees.
  12. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:Do you think they just woke up that morning and thought "let's play Zoo TV tonight"? I can't think of any other time when they've harked back like that (360 2011 notwithstanding - and that wasn't ever the exact order or that number of songs in a row...)
    There was only 5 AB tracks and that constituted a redux? Was this the first AB throwback? 2011 and 2018 were the big ones.

This Chicago show was the last one Bono was at before he flew back to Dublin to be there for the birth of his son. He mentioned that next stop in Toronto.