2001-09-01 - Slane
Tour: Elevation Tour
Songs played: 21
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Video quality was atrocious compared to Live in Sydney 1993. They should be ashamed to insult us like that.
  2. Hello, I have a little issue : I can't find the downloaded stream with HLS Downloader chrome extension v2.1.1, PM if you can help me
  3. It seems to be a known bug of this extension version 2.1.1, sorry
  4. Just to point this out again, if they'd never streamed ZooTV or Slane, and only released the Berlin concert, nobody would be making a fuss about being 'insulted' by paying $40 dollars for the membership, and you'd be happy you paid it to get access to the Berlin film, so maybe people should just relax a little and enjoy the show - when was the last time you watched Slane anyway?
  5. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[..]
    Just to point this out again, if they'd never streamed ZooTV or Slane, and only released the Berlin concert, nobody would be making a fuss about being 'insulted' by paying $40 dollars for the membership, and you'd be happy you paid it to get access to the Berlin film, so maybe people should just relax a little and enjoy the show - when was the last time you watched Slane anyway?
    Amen 🙏, same tought over here.
    And I think a lot of people don’t have these shows on dvd or BR.
    I watched yesterday evening together with my 12y old son. He loved it.
  6. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[..]
    Just to point this out again, if they'd never streamed ZooTV or Slane, and only released the Berlin concert, nobody would be making a fuss about being 'insulted' by paying $40 dollars for the membership, and you'd be happy you paid it to get access to the Berlin film, so maybe people should just relax a little and enjoy the show - when was the last time you watched Slane anyway?
    Huh? Where the hell have you been since they announced the gift? HEAPS of people had an issue with it just being a DVD/shit quality etc. And a lot of people didn't resubscribe because of it. If that's not making a fuss then I don't know what is.
  7. Originally posted by drogba29:Hello, I have a little issue : I can't find the downloaded stream with HLS Downloader chrome extension v2.1.1, PM if you can help me
    Yep HLS not working for me either. Did you find a solution?
  8. I was lucky enough to be at the Slane shows and personally I think that the 2nd Slane show should be Mecca for U2 fans.

It was something else. I have been to many memorable and amazing shows before and since but the 2nd Slane show was raw, emotional, electrifying and straight from the heart.

It was the first and only show of many shows that i went to with my dad. Just him and I. Normally we go to the same tours but at different times. Also i always go GA and he is normally seated.

Given that Bono's father had just passed away and the i appreciated that night so much more. I still remember the walk into the castle grounds and the houses with words of condolence for Bono on the rooves of houses.

Since then i have never been amongst a crowd and atmosphere like it. Its hard to describe in words tbh.

There are many other shows that i have been to and love but for me anyway this one is special.
  9. Originally posted by micdalton:I was lucky enough to be at the Slane shows and personally I think that the 2nd Slane show should be Mecca for U2 fans.

It was something else. I have been to many memorable and amazing shows before and since but the 2nd Slane show was raw, emotional, electrifying and straight from the heart.

It was the first and only show of many shows that i went to with my dad. Just him and I. Normally we go to the same tours but at different times. Also i always go GA and he is normally seated.

Given that Bono's father had just passed away and the i appreciated that night so much more. I still remember the walk into the castle grounds and the houses with words of condolence for Bono on the rooves of houses.

Since then i have never been amongst a crowd and atmosphere like it. Its hard to describe in words tbh.

There are many other shows that i have been to and love but for me anyway this one is special.
    I think it’s the only U2 concert film that captureS the band going to the ‘other place’ that Bono always talks about. I wish we had more from it. Footage of the build up on the day and what not.

It’s nice to hear first hand accounts voicing the sentiments that I felt when watching the DVD.
  10. I was thrilled the broadcast it, and wasn't bothered by the quality.
    I'd never watched it, and had fun watching it with the whole family!
  11. I'm calling Slane 2021 right now. It could happen for many reasons.
  12. Has anyone been documenting the dates and concerts of the official U2.com streams?