1. it's possible that U2 over 2 years play the last Tour...
  2. Originally posted by miryclay:Once the pandemic subsides and touring gets back to normal, I expect U2 to come back joyfully and with monster truck force.

    NB: l am aware that touring may never get back to normal!


    I bet Live Nation would want them on the road as soon as it's safe since they'd be a big draw. Gotta consider the fanbase skews older (sorry) and will thus be more likely to have concert money. Assuming 2022 at the earliest (to account for 2021 as the year where the touring backlog from 2020 fills the calendar), that will be 4 years since the last tours of North America and Europe.
  3. In truth, they could be planning during the pandemic because nothing is going on.
  4. Originally posted by superchuk5:[..]


    I bet Live Nation would want them on the road as soon as it's safe since they'd be a big draw. Gotta consider the fanbase skews older (sorry) and will thus be more likely to have concert money. Assuming 2022 at the earliest (to account for 2021 as the year where the touring backlog from 2020 fills the calendar), that will be 4 years since the last tours of North America and Europe.
    I think they choose Rolling Stones first. They sell tickets as fast as U2, if not faster nowadays and have a new album ready to release. (And their audience is even older so more money to spent... ;-) )
  5. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    I think they choose Rolling Stones first. They sell tickets as fast as U2, if not faster nowadays and have a new album ready to release. (And their audience is even older so more money to spent... ;-) )
    I agree with all your points, but can they play as many shows in a year? Let's say Stones would do a stadium tour, then compare to the 51 stadium shows U2 did in 2017.
  6. Originally posted by superchuk5:[..]
    I agree with all your points, but can they play as many shows in a year? Let's say Stones would do a stadium tour, then compare to the 51 stadium shows U2 did in 2017.
    I think they can. Don't know if they would.

    Something else: did U2 sign a new contract? As far as i know they did JT2019 to finish the former contract.
  7. The Rolling Stones are not a Live Nation act. They're AEG.

    They only do under 20 concerts a year now. Their average gross is higher than U2's, nearly $10m per show.
  8. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    I think they can. Don't know if they would.

    Something else: did U2 sign a new contract? As far as i know they did JT2019 to finish the former contract.
    Mounting a tour to fulfill a contractual obligation and then making fun of that would be very 90s U2.
  9. Good to see you, and everyone from the old days, glad to be back, though it may be short lived like my attention span. Red Flag Day is a bit out of place in that setlist lol Of course, as a Prince fan, weird setlists welcome in my brain. I'm still bothered they did not play Flag, Little Things, and many of what I felt were the best SOE tracks at the shows I went to, but it is what it is