1. Good day y'all!

I have two questions/requests. I was sent this way by a friendly Zootopian.

Back in 1997 when U2 premiered Discotheque it was on a "special" called U2 A2Z MTV, which played all of U2's videos in alphabetical order, including the new single. I recorded this on VHS but I don't know where that went and I don't really have a way to pull it off of there. I can't find it on YouTube anywhere. There MUST be a U2 fan somewhere who recorded this and converted it to digital. If you are that U2 fan, or you know someone who is, please let me know. I'd love to get my hands on it. Bonus if you've got the commercials it aired with (I love that kind of stuff).

When U2 was in the process of giving POP a name, they went through not only many names in development, but also went through designing some artwork to go with them. I think there was even a very early rendition of a cover using POP that was VERY different in style from what ended up being used. Does anyone know where I can find these things? I know the latter cover I mentioned exists SOMEWHERE, I saw it back in the late 90s. Can't seem to find it now.

One last bonus thing... when U2 delayed POP from Christmas 96 they sent the label some postcards that said Expect Nothing But The Best, and I THINK included a 30 second to one minute audio reel that had a part of Discotheque and a part of Wake Up Dead Man (the latter of which had a mix that included additional parts that didn't make it into the final mix). I found similar things on YouTube to this, but not THAT particular one. Does anyone know who might have this?

Wish I'd kept these things. It's nostalgia and inspiration for me.
  2. Re: your second query, you will find alternative album artwork including working titles for albums in this book:
    “Stealing Hearts at a Travelling Show: The Graphic Design of U2 by Four5One Creative”. Author: Lisa Godson.
  3. Originally posted by EnderBowen:Good day y'all!

I have two questions/requests. I was sent this way by a friendly Zootopian.

Back in 1997 when U2 premiered Discotheque it was on a "special" called U2 A2Z MTV, which played all of U2's videos in alphabetical order, including the new single. I recorded this on VHS but I don't know where that went and I don't really have a way to pull it off of there. I can't find it on YouTube anywhere. There MUST be a U2 fan somewhere who recorded this and converted it to digital. If you are that U2 fan, or you know someone who is, please let me know. I'd love to get my hands on it. Bonus if you've got the commercials it aired with (I love that kind of stuff).

When U2 was in the process of giving POP a name, they went through not only many names in development, but also went through designing some artwork to go with them. I think there was even a very early rendition of a cover using POP that was VERY different in style from what ended up being used. Does anyone know where I can find these things? I know the latter cover I mentioned exists SOMEWHERE, I saw it back in the late 90s. Can't seem to find it now.

One last bonus thing... when U2 delayed POP from Christmas 96 they sent the label some postcards that said Expect Nothing But The Best, and I THINK included a 30 second to one minute audio reel that had a part of Discotheque and a part of Wake Up Dead Man (the latter of which had a mix that included additional parts that didn't make it into the final mix). I found similar things on YouTube to this, but not THAT particular one. Does anyone know who might have this?

Wish I'd kept these things. It's nostalgia and inspiration for me.
    This may be of help to you...

4. These are rather small in the book. I shall try to make a high res scan of the page if anyone is interested. But for now here they are enlarged and somewhat blurred...

5. God those covers are ugly hahaha.

I know Discotheque was leaked like quite a long time before the release, like October 1996? Is that the clip or...
  6. There are some other trial versions of other albums too. I may as well post them here seeing as the book is off the shelf.

Here are early scamp versions of Zooropa...

Same for Achtung Baby...

Achtung Baby font variations...

And The Joshua Tree early album sleeve variations...

All That You Can't Leave Behind early album sleeve versions...

The Best Of 1980-1990 & The Best of 1990-2000 early sleeve versions...

7. What a gem this is!! I never knew this existed